Chapter 22

What am I doing?

What am I doing?

What am I doing?

I shouldn't go out again, not to see him. Why am I doing this?

I snuck out of my room to the garage again. This time, I made 100% sure that Chan was asleep, he was planning the next heist for a while and wore himself out after a few hours.

Now I'm driving down the driveway to the park, like an idiot.

While I can't say no to a lot of people, I would like to think I can not interact with the right people when I need to. This is the time to do that.

Even despite my want to turn around, I end up arriving at the park and parking at the same spot as yesterday.

Just like yesterday, I walk up to the same tree and look around again. This time Lee Know was standing against the tree on his phone.

My steps were apparently quiet enough for him not to notice me. I slightly peek over his shoulder to see him texting someone. Someone named 'Dwaekki'?

Dwaekki 🐷🐰

Felix and I are going out

You went out yesterday
Don't be seen

We won't
We're always careful

If he has a scratch on him when you get back Bin
I swear

Thanks hyung
We'll have fun!

Lee Know rolled his eyes and closed his phone. He turns and jumps a little when he notices me.

"Oh, I didn't know you were here. Sneaky."

I look away to the river bank without saying anything. He moves to come into my view.

"Are you not talking to me or something?" He says with a smirk.

I look down and not say anything again. He smiles and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You don't need to be upset with me. If you really wanted to, you could have just not come here."

I know, that's why I'm mad at myself.

I keep looking down at the grass when he sighs and walks toward me. He stops right in front of me and lifts my chin up to face him.

"Don't hang your head, you're too pretty for that. And stop pouting, I'll have to kiss it away, kitten." he says while moving his thumb to swipe my lip.

Jump back in surprise from his last sentence. I didn't realize I was pouting until he said something.

"Wha- H-How can y-you just say that?"

"It worked! You're talking again." He says with a look of confidence.

I give him a look of disbelief and turn to go back to my car. He notices and runs behind me to grab my arm.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Away from you. I shouldn't have come here in the first place."

"Well, you're here. You might as well stay to make the best of it."

I turn to face him again, he's smirking like he's won or something.

I pull my arm out of his grasp and walk over to the big oak tree. Angrily, I plant myself in front of the tree and sit facing the river like yesterday. Lee Know comes up next to me and sits down also.

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?"

I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Ya know, I realized how much I hate the name 'J-ONE'. It sounds cringy."

I look up at him. "Well that's my name so."

"Don't you have a different name I can call you?"

Why would I need to give him a different name?

I roll my eyes and think of another name. I remember when I was in school we were talking about our english names. My teacher said mine would be 'Peter'. That's why I named my squirrel plushie Peter.

"I-I guess you can call me Peter."

He laughs out.

"Peter? Haha. Well, at least it's better than J-ONE."

After he speaks he settles and looks out to the river. He has his legs extended over the grass and I have mine to my chest.

We stay like that for a while, not talking. The silence isn't awkward or anything, but actually nice.

After a while, he leans back onto the tree.

"I want to see what you guys do at that warehouse."

I look up to him from the randomness of his sentence. He wants to see what we do? I thought he already did. If he saw then he might try to ruin our operation somehow, or if Chan finds out someone from another group was there- No.

"D-didn't you see before? You said you saw me."

"Yes, but I didn't exactly see the whole thing. I'm just curious what the tiny squirrel does at that warehouse with his group."

Tiny squirr-

"No, you can't see. I don't know you, and I shouldn't know you at all." I say as I stand up.

He follows suit and has an expression I can't read on display.

"I have to go now."

I start to move towards my car, but get blocked by his arm on the tree.

I look up at him as he puts his other arm on the other side of me to close me in. This is the third time we've been in this position, he has a problem.

He comes closer to me as I back up and hit the tree.

"I know you don't know me. That has been clear since I pushed you up onto the roof of the toy store. But I want to know you." He says and backs up a little.

"I'm not completely like you, Peter. I'm not as good of a person as you. But we're alike because we both don't have many opportunities to meet other people."

He's right, but it can't be him. He moves his arms from my sides and stands back from me.

"What if we meet again as normal people? Or at least, act like normal people? That way, things are kind of ... normal?" He puts his hand out. "Hi, I'm Lee Know."

Should I do this? I still shouldn't be here, but he's right when he says this is a rare opportunity. Not that I'm really adamant about meeting people, but after being with only Chan and the guys for so long, I've thought about getting out every once in a while.

It's not like I'm hurting them, I'll be really careful to make sure Lee Know stays far, far away from them. That might work.

Hesitantly, I reach out and grab his hand.

"Hi, I'm Peter Han."

A/N:
Things are about to get real gay kids.

Don't mind the whole Dwekki thing, I was writing this in the middle of the night.

Anyway, here's the (second) meme for today :

I can't with Jackson sometimes.

Love you guys! 🖤❤🖤❤🖤