Chapter 14

~20 minutes later~
~Jisung's POV~
After waiting another 10 minutes, there's still no sign of Chan and Seungmin.

I've been sitting in the very back of the warehouse, behind the stack of the benches.

This place has a bittersweet meaning to me. This is where I kind of found a shelter and safe place when I was alone. But it's also where we are helping lots of people every week.

Maybe if Chan hadn't found me that day, I would be one of the people getting help instead of giving it.

Does that mean that I was destined to somehow meet Chan anyway?

Speaking of Chan, I hear the van drive up to the side of the warehouse. Two of its doors slam shut and I hear the gravel crunch under two pairs of shoes.

I stand up to meet Chan and Seungmin halfway to be engulfed in a hug.

We stay there for a moment, in relief that everyone is ok and we are all together again. After a bit Chan pulls back.

"What happened, why did you end up on the roof?" Chan asks while tightly gripping my shoudlers.

"I-I panicked and ran to the ladder without thinking, I'm sorry. I didn't think about how we could be separated at the time." I explained.

If I told them that someone pushed me there, they would try to find out who and why. And especially after the last heist when someone came and kind of ruined things for me and Jeongin, I don't think it would best to bring up another person.

Chan nodded. "Well, at least you're safe now. Come on, we need to get home quickly for Jeongin."

Seungmin and I follow Chan to the van and climb inside. Once we're settled, Chan starts driving off.

*~*~*~*~*

When we get to the house, we each grab our bags and head inside.

We expected the lights to all be off, but to our surprise, the lights and TV were all on.

The TV isn't blasting but still loud enough to hear it from the front door, so we go to the living room to see what's happening.

Upon entering, the lights in the room are off, the TV is on and bright, and there is a bear plushie on the coffee table.

On the couch is a fluffy blanket covering a sleeping form.

The sleeping form is none other than Jeongin.

We all walk up to the couch to see him holding what seems to be a carton of eggs? What?

I look over to see Chan and Seungmin staring fondly at the maknae, not at all questioning why he's holding eggs in his sleep.

Seungmin is the first to move to wake Jeongin up. He pushes at the teen's shoulder until he eventually stirs awake.

"Hmm?"

"Innie, we're back."

"Hi, hyung." Jeongin says while rubbing his eyes.

"Um, Jeongin, why are you holding a carton of eggs?" I question. No one else was gonna do it.

"Oh, I was gonna try to make a snack for you guys for when you got back, but I came here to see what was on TV and I fell asleep." He explains.

Well, that makes sense I guess.

After cleaning up and sorting out the lights and TV, Seungmin takes Jeongin to bed, Chan heads to the storage to put away what we got today, and I check the time.

It is close to 9pm. But why do I care? It's not like I need to go out.

Or should I?

No, I don't know that guy. He's just someone who pushed me to the roof of a building and stole the squirrel plushie I was holding.

And the squirrel isn't that special really, it isn't even the same physical one from when I was a kid. But it is the same one, with the same fur and eyes and bushy tail.

Maybe I should go?

I mean, no one is around me right now to see me leave. And it's not like I'll be out until the morning.

But......

~After another 10 minutes of debating~
Ok, I've decided. I will flip this coin, and if it is tails I will go to the park. If it is heads then I'm staying here, I can get another squirrel plushie later anyway.

I flip the coin and watch as it spins in the air almost in slow motion.

After what seems like 30 minutes, the coin lands on the floor with a clink sound.

I slowly crouch down to see the result.

It's ........

......Tails.

Frick.

A/N:
Ok that's it for today. 

The whole egg thing was a reference to 'Maknae On Top'. If you haven't seen the mv then this is awkward.

The next parts were fun to write, I hope you like them. 

Here's the (second) meme for today:

Love yous guys!❤🖤❤🖤❤