Chapter 51

After the initial interrogation, Officer Jeon came to my cell everyday after the lunch period to take me for more questioning.

It was the same thing as the first time, the same questions over and over again. Throughout the days he did ask new questions, but those were just added to the list of questions to cycle through.

The questioning lasted as long as the first one did, from lunch to night time. But dinner was brought to me when everyone else was eating though.

I've had 4 more days of interrogation, today is the fifth.

I don't know how much more of this I can take. At this point I'd rather stay in my cell all day long and not move anywhere.

When Officer Jeon came to bring me to the interrogation room, Officer Kim was standing in the corner, looking up towards the security camera on the wall.

These past days it's only been Officer Jeon and me. Officer Kim has only been there to give Officer Jeon a file with my information.

I glance at the camera and sit down in the same chair. This thing is so uncomfortable, they could at least invest in better chairs if people are going to sit in them for hours on end.

"All right." Officer Jeon sighed out as he sat down. "First question, what is it you were trying to steal?"

Finally a new question.

"Clothes, sir. For the upcoming winter months."

"And what did you plan to do with the clothes? Surely only one person couldn't need 3 bags worth of clothes just for winter."

I look into my lap.

"I was planning to hand them out too."

Officer Jeon stared at me for a second, then returned to his list of questions.

"Did anyone help you take the clothes?"

"Who were you trying to give them to?"

"Did someone meet you at the store to steal from it?"

"Who else would need the clothes?"

The same questions over and over.

I was getting tired of this. To keep my mind a little entertained, I studied the room a little more.

The one-way mirror has some smudges on the glass, mostly around the corners where the janitors probably missed.

The room didn't have any dust or webs anywhere, I guess they try to keep it as clean as possible.

The table wobbled a bit, one of the legs was probably missing a stub or something.

The camera in the corner of the wall had some kind of tape around it. Not even to keep it on the wall, just around the camera as a frame or something-

"Hey, stop looking at the camera."

I faced Officer Jeon again, muttering an apology.

We continued the questioning, the long and boring process.

I couldn't help but take a glance at the camera a few times. I was trying to figure out why they needed the tape around it, it wasn't serving any purpose.

"Hey," He snaps his fingers. "eyes here, Lee. Don't make me tell you again." Officer Jeon said with a stern face.

I apologized again and tried to keep my eyes on my lap.

Within the next 20 minutes, I tried to catch a glimpse of the camera and it's weird tape when I was sure Officer Jeon wasn't looking at me. Like a kid trying to pass a note to their friend during class.

I did get a few looks, still not understanding what the tape was for.

Eventually, Officer Jeon stood up and told me he'd be back with my lunch. I ate peacefully for 30 minutes then continued the questioning.

And of course, I couldn't keep my eyes off the darn camera.

I didn't learn my lesson to quit while I was ahead.

"Mr. Lee, the camera."

"S-sorry, sir."

"I gave you plenty of warnings. Officer Kim." He called over his shoulder.

Officer Kim came through the door, glanced at me with an unamused expression and reached his arm out.

I widened my eyes and let a small gasp when he aimed a hand gun towards the camera.

Officer Kim didn't waste a second, shooting the camera right through the lens. Sparks flew as the wires inside were hit, leaving the camera hanging on it's side a little.

Officer Kim retracted his gun, nodded to Officer Jeon, then quietly left the room.

Still stunned, I gripped the arms on my seat and tried to get words out, to come up with nothing in the end.

"Now, as I was saying before.."

For the next 20 minutes we continued, but I was still trying to climb down from the shock I was in.

A/N:
Sooo it's not sunday! BC I finished the story!

I'm gonna start posting one chapter everyday until I run out.

I will say, there are about 20 chapters left. I think, I dont remember.

Get ready for things to take off now.

Love you guys! 🖤❤🖤❤🖤❤🖤