Chapter 46

Seungmin's POV:
After Chan told me and Jeongin to go to the back room, Jeongin fought me a bit, wanting to go back out to help Jisung. Somehow I convinced him he would be fine, and we immediately headed to the roof of the building for safety.

Jeongin went up first, followed by me. As I was climbing the ladder I heard yells from everyone in the center of the store, but I wasn't able to understand what they were saying.

Eventually, the police cars had pulled up to the front of the store, but neither Chan nor Jisung had made it to the roof yet.

I held Jeongin in my arms, trying to keep him calm while we waited for them. I tried to tell myself everything will be perfect, we would get away like we always do. But something kept telling me that, no, we wouldn't.

Soon enough, the latch to the roof opened, revealing Chan's head as he climbed up.

"Ji, come on!" He said urgently, staring back down the ladder.

No one followed him.

Jeongin, who was breathing hard and heavy for the entire time we got to the back room, stopped breathing. I had to check his face to make sure he was still alive, but he was just holding his breath.

Chan waited about a minute then let the latch close.

"No no no no no no no no no no no."

He repeated 'no' over and over again as he turned from the latch to look over the edge of the roof.

Carefully, I shuffled over to look too, Jeongin trying to sneak a peek also.

On the ground in front of the store, we saw the worst thing we could imagine.

Jisung was being held by an officer, his hands handcuffed behind his back, while being pushed into a police car. We were kind of far from the ground, so I couldn't really see his face, but I'm sure I saw something shining on his almost emotionless face from the light of the police lights.

The officer slammed his door shut while climbing into his own seat. More officers filed into the building, looking for more intruders, like us.

Chan shook from his shocked state, while me and Jeongin were still lost.

He stood back.

"Van. Now. Go."

I realized what he was saying and pulled Jeongin up with me. While he wasn't fighting me, I pulled him with me, to the other side of the roof, down the pipe we had no choice but to use.

Somehow we safely made it to the ground without a scratch. Once we were down, I rushed us to the van, opening any door I reached first to get Jeongin in followed by me. Once I was inside and closing my door, Chan slid into the driver's seat quickly and started the van, driving forward to the nearest road going away from the store.

We drove for a while. Whatever road this was, it wasn't the direct way to the house. Chan was probably trying to shake off anyone who might have followed us.

After what seemed to be an hour or so, I felt the van stop. Jeongin had fallen asleep not even 20 minutes into the ride, I had pulled him into me and fell asleep not too long after.

Eventually, we arrived at the house and I woke up when Chan stopped the van and got out without a word. Through the window, I saw him get out and walk behind the van.

Quickly, I shook Jeongin awake and got out through my door. Behind us was another car black car, not seeming to be a police car.

Chan stomped to the car, stopping right in front of the driver's door.

The door opened and out stepped that guy that was holding Jisung.

He had his head down, not wanting to look at Chan. It being night, I couldn't really see his face, but from the light coming from the house, he did seem to look a little puffer, as if had been crying.

Chan stepped forward and grabbed the collar of his jacket, lifting him up to be completely face to face with each other.

"What did you do? This is your fault! I told you to stay away and you still ruined everything!" Chan yelled in his face.

The guy didn't say anything, he just stood still and took it.

Behind his car, another black car pulled up, revealing the taller guy that was on the other person's team.

He walked over and pulled the guy from Chan's grip, standing in between the now broken men.

"Violence is not going to solve this right now. Believe me, I want to swing at everyone standing near me right now. But it won't help anything." The taller one said calmly.

Chan held his hands in fists by his sides. I walked closer, standing a little behind Chan.

"Let's start here. I'm Hyunjin, a member of our team, Miroh. This is Minho, he's our leader." The tall one said. Once he was done, he had an expression like he was expecting Chan to speak.

Chan tightened his fists.

"I'm Chan, leader of our group, Yellow Wood. This is Seungmin, and the guy who was a-arrested w-was Jisung." He said, slightly breaking in the middle of his sentence.

A/N:
Idk what to say