Chapter 69

Minho's POV:
Don't cry, don't cry. I need to be able to see the road. I need to get home safely. I need to be able to see Jisung again.

But will I be able to? I don't know anymore.

As I finally drive up to the house, I park in the driveway, leaving the car on. Instead of getting out and rushing to my team, I sit in my car and recount the events that just happened.

After Chan sent Jisung and Jeongin inside, he waited for the front door of the house to close all the way before he even turned to me.

"Listen, I don't know who you think you are, but I-"

"Let me stop you there, guy. I already told you I wouldn't dream of hurting Jisung. Didn't I prove that already with me saving him for you and everything?"

"You might think you have his trust, but you most definitely don't have mine." He said while crossing his arms.

I look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean 'I think' he trusts me? He does! I know he does."

Chan shifts in his spot and tilts his head, his expression staying solid.

"Last night I got a text from Jisung asking for help, that he was scared and didn't want to stay in that 'safe house' anymore."

But last night we-

"Y-you're lying. He didn't text you that. We were- I mean he was asleep. I even helped him when he had a nightmare. He wouldn't have... You're lying, you have to be."

It can't be true. Jisung said he loves me, why would he tell Chan we didn't want to stay at the house? He didn't want to leave this morning!

"Why would I lie about my team member being scared for his life? Just admit it. You were trying to kidnap him from me." Chan said accusingly.

I step back with his step forward.

"No! You're telling lies! I saved him and brought him home! That's all I wanted to do, it's what I promised to do." I need to calm down before I go too far. If I anger Chan too much I can kiss Jisung goodbye forever.

As I clench my fists at my sides to calm down, Chan steps closer to me. He lifts his hand and points a finger at my chest.

"Listen, you and me had a deal. You bring him back to me, and I won't kill you. If you knew what was good for you, you'd leave now and not turn back." He says, jabbing my chest with every few words.

Don't burst, don't burst. I can't upset him further.

I step out of the way from his hand. "Don't you understand that by doing this you're hurting Jisung also? I'm not scared to say he loves me just as much as I love him." I know he does.

He stands straight again and takes his hand back.

"I'll let you believe what you want, but just know that on my watch, Jisung might as well never have met you." His cold, empty stare really let those words sink deeper than they should have into me.

With a slight head tilt, he reaches up and taps my car twice.

"Have a safe drive home, I hope you don't come again soon." He turns away to walk back inside the house.

Now I'm here, back at home. Well, my official home. It doesn't feel like home without Jisung.

I can't let Chan tear us apart, I promised I wouldn't let that happen. But what will happen when I go back? What will Chan do?