Chapter 11

~Flashback~
I pull my blanket further up my shoulders. The winter months were never a great experience, especially after this past year.

The alleys between the buildings haven't been too nice to me lately, everyday more people come here and I'm running out of places to hide.

Every now and then someone will give me a little bit of money, it's normally a woman, sometimes she's holding the hand of a kid my age.

It's been about a month .... Or two? I don't remember. I only hear the date when someone says it when they pass the alley.

Currently I'm trying to collect all the empty boxes I can, I found an old building where I can make a shelter out of the boxes. No one will find me there.

I snuggle closer into my blanket, I'll move all the boxes tomorrow.

As I start to drift off to sleep, I hear someone walking closer to me.

I pull my legs in, the box flap should be able to cover me right?

The person walks closer, taking slow steps to the box I'm in. Once they're in front of the box they stop and crouch down to get to my level.

I curl up further and hide under my blanket, maybe they'll go away?

I feel a tug on my blanket, causing it to fall off my face onto my knees.

I'm met face to face with a boy a little older than me. He doesn't look too scary, he looks worried. Is he worried for me?

"Hi." He says. He must not be from here, there was some kind of accent with his voice.

"H-h-hi." I say back quietly.

He smiles a little.

"My name is Chan. What is your name?" He asks.

"J-Jisung."

"Are you all alone, Jisung?"

I nod my head slightly. He knows I'm alone, what if he tries to take me?

I cower more into the corner.

"Hey hey, it's ok. I'm here to help you. I'm not going to hurt you."

I look back at him, he has a look that tells me he's telling the truth.

"Jisung, I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help you. If you come with me, I'll help you find somewhere safe to stay." he offers.

I uncurl myself, he smiles a little.

"Y-you promise you won't l-leave me?"

He nods his head. "Yes. I promise won't leave your side until you are safe."

I sit for a moment, should I go with him? He promised to keep me safe.

I slowly place my hand in his and step out of the box, my blanket clutched in my free hand.

The floor. I'm on the floor?

Looking around I see red lights (😏) flashing. After a second, the sirens' sound pushes past the fog that was around my head.

"Hey! Guy, we have to go!" Someone yells.

Who was that? That wasn't Chan.

I don't get to see who was yelling before someone grabs my jacket and pulls me up with them.

Too much is happening. Am I still holding the squirrel plushie? How long was I spaced out?

I don't get answers to those questions before I'm pushed in front of a ladder. Is this the ladder to the roof?

"What's taking you so long? Start climbing, do you want to get caught?!" That guy yells behind me.

I do what I'm told and start climbing the ladder, eventually reaching the roof of the building.

I look over the edge to see red and blue lights surrounding the front of the store.

I turn back to see that guy closing the latter hatch and blocking with some spare cinder blocks from the roof.

He stands up and looks at me while breathing heavy from the rush. He walks to me to pull me further in the center of the roof so the police won't see us.

I can't move, what does he want? Is he gonna throw me to the police? I don't have money on me. Why is he just staring at me?

Eventually, he reaches up to my face. I flinch back when he pulls the string of my mask off my ear.

He stares at me more, with maybe a shocked look on his face?

"You. You're that guy!" He says.

I look at him more confused than before. How does he know me?

He pulls his mask off.

He looks familiar. His eyes and hair look like I've seen them before.

We stand there for a little bit with the sounds of police sirens in the background. He stares at my face, while I stare at his.

He doesn't seem as confused as I am about being on a roof with a random stranger because he kind of smiles at me.

Wait, that smile.

I widen my eyes, which he notices and smiles a bit more.

"Y-you're the one that was on the news yesterday." I say quietly, but enough for him to hear.

He nods. "Yeah, they were talking about how we hit the jewelry store." He says proudly.

"I'm also the one-"

"I-I won't tell anyone I saw you! Please don't give me to the police!" I shout.

He's the criminal from the story yesterday? What if he turns me in for seeing his physical face?

I let my mind wander into complete nervousness and worry. I hold my hands to my chest, begging the person in front of me to let me be.

He looks a little shocked. I didn't realize until now that I had cut him off, and I'm sure he wasn't expecting me to say what I did.

"I- Uh. I won't?" He says questionly.

I grab his hand and bow a little.

"Thank you. I-I won't tell about you either." I say.

Now he's even more confused, way to go, Jisung.

He takes his hand back and I realize that I'm still holding the squirrel plushie.

I'll have to do something with this later.

"Do you rem-"

Just then the door to the roof opened with great force. 

A/N:
I don't know how I feel about this one, the flashback in the beginning didn't turn out how I wanted. I might come back and fix it (probably not lol).

Buckle up for the next chapters because things will start to pick up from here.

Here's today's meme🐱:

I just woke up and I'm probably gonna go back to sleep. (It's 10:00)

Love you guys!❤🖤❤🖤❤