Chapter 16

"I don't know. You just seemed kind of special for me not to forget."

What!?

"I-I- What?"

"I'm just kidding, kind of. But I really do remember you from that store. And I think I saw you before at a warehouse too."

"The warehouse? Why were you there?" He is a criminal too, why would he be at the warehouse?

"I just happened to be running by one time." He says casually.

This guy is weird. I shouldn't have come here. I'll just see if I can get the plushie and leave.

"Ok w-well, I came here like you asked, can I have the squirrel back?"

"Oh, sure." He says while pulling the small plushie from his jacket.

Before I can grab it, he pulls it away from my reach. I look at him in confusion.

"I'll give it to you, but first I want to know your name."

"I-I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"I don't know you."

"We can change that."

"I don't want to."

Somehow in my trying to get the plushie from him, I backed against the oak tree. He is now in front of me and I have no escape.

He leans in slightly, with his hands and the plushie behind his back.

"How about this? I'll tell you my name, and you tell me yours. It doesn't need to be your real name either, just a code name or something." He says.

I guess my code name couldn't hurt. He can't track me down or find me that way anyway.

After a moment of thinking, I slightly nod my head ok.

He smiles a little in response and nudges my shoe to talk.

"I- It's- It's J-ONE." I reluctantly say.

The name was given to me from Chan after I decided I wanted to help him. He's never told me the meaning behind it, but I assume there is one.

The guy in front of me smiles and laughs a little at the name.

"J-ONE? That sounds like a stupid rapper name."

"W-well, it's my name. You said you would give me yours now. What is it?" I ask.

He steps back a little to my relief, he was pretty close before.

"You can call me Lee Know." he says.

And he was making fun of my name, Lee Know sounds like a funny stage name for a pop singer.

"Lee know? Ok, then. Well, you have my 'name' now, so I'll just take my squirrel now and-"

"You can have the squirrel in a minute. Can we just sit here and talk like normal people for a second?" He asks while sitting down against the tree.

I step back and shake my head. "No, I just came here at the time you asked and everything. Can you just hold your end of the agreement or whatever this was?" I asked, annoyed while holding out my hand to take the plushie.

He scoffs and lifts the plushie to look closer at it.

"Why are you so set on getting this thing anyway? Is it a collector's item or something?" He asks while turning the squirrel over to inspect it.

"N-no, it just .. reminds me of one I had when I .. was a kid."

He looks up at me from his spot in the ground and back to the plushie.

"How old were you?"

"I don't remember. 5 or 6?"

He looks from the squirrel to the river.

"How did you even get into this line of work? You don't seem like the kind of person to be a criminal." He asks.

I think for a second, trying to decide if I was ok to tell him my story of not.

"I-I don't need to tell you, I barely know you."

"Hey, if you tell me your story, I'll tell you mine."

A/N:
I didn't mean to do Jisung dirty like that. But his 3Racha name is a target.

I stayed up for the online BTS concert and I'm pretty sure I'm dead. So I'm gonna go back to sleep.

Here's the meme for today:

Love you guys! ❤🖤❤🖤❤