Chapter 40 ☕📖

Lately for breakfast we've only been eating bacon and eggs.

Unacceptable.

This week we've been busy going on heists for the people, so we need a good breakfast to start off our days.

With that being said, I decided to go to the store today. With everything going on and us being busy, I haven't had time to go. This morning when I woke up, I shedded off my pajamas and slid into sweatpants and a big hoodie.

While I was getting ready to leave, I got a text from a certain annoying cat.

Lee Minho

Good morning babes

Omg what

That's rude
I was just trying to see what you were doing today

Nothing really
I have to go to the store

Ooo
I want to go with you

It's just the store
Nothing special

It's special because you're there
I'll meet you there

Minho
Not today

He didn't respond to me after that.

I guess I haven't learned my lesson on telling him where I'm going yet.

Now I'm pulling up to the store, getting ready to spend a lot of money and buy a lot of things.

Inside the store, I grab a cart and start on the left side to work my way to the right.

After a few isles of putting random things into my cart, a hand reaches around me to grab the handle next to where my hands are. I look over my shoulder to see Minho smiling down at me.

"Hi, Minho."

"Hey, baby. You started shopping without me." He pouts.

I cringe slightly at his pout and push my cart forward.

Behind me he chuckles and sprints to catch up to me. Once he's at my side he looks at the isles and pulls something from the cool fridge part of the store.

I look down at what he placed in my cart.

"Eggs?"

"Yeah. One of my team members bought eggs the other day, but he didn't read the label and they turned out to be expired."

I shake my head at his explanation and continue down the store. At random intervals, Minho reaches onto the shelves and places something into the cart. Upon further investigation, he seems to only be grabbing baking ingredients.

"Minho, why are you getting stuff for baking?"

"It's not for me," He says while grabbing a can of cocoa powder. "The same guy who bought the eggs likes baking, and he asked me to buy him stuff to make brownies." He says while slightly showing me his phone screen with a lengthy shopping list.

I nod and continue along, grabbing a few things we could use to maybe make dinner one day. While we walk we don't talk much, just share a comfortable silence.

After a while, Minho comes right up to my side.

"By the way, how's Peter?"

"Peter? He's fine, he's just at home, why are you curious? You handed him over to me for good at the park."

"Yes, but I did take care of him for a few hours."

I shake my head and go to turn the corner to enter the next aisle.