Chapter 52

Officer Jeon leaned back in his seat while looking down at one piece of paper with a confused look.

"Mr. Lee, did you by chance get your one phone call when you arrived here?"

"N-no, sir. I thought maybe that since they basically caught me in the act, I wasn't entitled to one."

"That's not true, Mr. Lee. You are very much entitled to one, just as much as everyone else here. Would you like to use it now?" He asked while knocking on the metal table.

The door opened and Officer Kim came inside with a large plastic bag in hand. It seemed to have a set of folded clothes, a mask, hat, and a phone.

Officer Jeon took the phone from the bag and handed it to me.

Taking it, I realized..

This is my phone, and those are my clothes, hat, and mask.

"Take your time, Mr. Lee. We'll step out of the room to give you a bit of privacy."

Both officers left the room, leaving me with my confiscated belongings.

With a shaky hand, I looked back down to my phone, opening the phone app to call the one person I knew I needed to talk to.

The phone rang once.

Twice. (Stan Twice)

Three times.

And they answered.

"Jisung?"

"Chan!" I almost cried out.

Just hearing his voice makes me remember how much I miss him and the team.

"Jisung! Are you ok!? Please tell me everything's ok!"

"I'm fine, hyung. I just wanted to call you to talk to you one last time."

"Don't talk like that, Ji. We'll see you again."

I wouldn't be so sure.

"Jisung, listen to me. I need you to remember that I love you and we miss you. It's all going to be fine, try not to worry or panic, ok? Can you do that for hyung? We'll see you soon, ok Ji?"

"Hyung, what do you mean-"

"I have to go, Jisung. Remember what I said!"

Then the call ended.

What?

That call didn't even last more than 3 minutes. I would think Chan wanted to talk to me before I'm admitted to stay in jail for the rest of my life.

I close my phone and place it back down on the table, staring at it as if Chan would call me back.

I glanced at the camera, which was now hanging onto the wall by a hinge. Why did Officer Kim have to shoot it?

My eyes traveled up to the ceiling as bumps sounded off from the roof or something. Maybe it's raining for something.

The bumps continued, seemingly getting closer and closer, louder and louder.

Eventually, they sounded to be right on top of this room.

Ok, maybe not rain.

There was one huge clang of metal from the roof making me flinch. It happened again and again, leading me to pinpoint it on the vent for the air duct.

The vent was getting hit down somehow, now with half of it sticking out from the ceiling.

Out of fear, I stood and quickly ran to the door, jiggling the handle to find it was locked from the outside. I turned around and pressed myself against the door to keep as far as possible from the moving vent.

The vent was hit a few more times, each pushing it more and more. Eventually, it was knocked out of place and fell onto the floor with a loud clang.

The officers outside the door would hear that for sure. What if they think I'm trying to escape?

Everything went still for a moment, nothing moving. I was holding my breath.

There was a shuffle from the vent opening. Suddenly, a ladder made of rope falls from the opening, landing on the floor. It still seems to be connected to something to keep it pinned in the air duct.

A second after the ladder was dropped, someone climbed down halfway and jumped down the rest of the way, landing on the floor in a crouched position to gain their balance.

I pressed myself more against the door, sliding down a little to make myself smaller so they might not see me.

They stood up and turned to look in my direction.

Then I burst into tears.

A/N:
Oo what's happening?!?

Find out tomorrow!

Here is the meme:

Love you guys!🖤❤🖤❤🖤