Chapter 54

Eventually, the van stops moving and Minho moves towards the front to talk to Officer Jeon. Should I even call him 'Officer Jeon', he said he wasn't an officer.

Once they were done talking, Minho moves back to me and waits for the doors to open.

MR. Jeon opens the doors and grabs the trash bags that had fallen over from the ride.

Minho slips past him and sticks close to a wall. He motions for me to follow, which I do.

Looking around, we're in a normal alley way, between two tall buildings. The van backed into the alley, right next to two giant dumpsters. We're using 'taking out the trash' as a cover to escape.

Minho places a hand on my shoulder, looking down the alley and slightly around the opening to the alley. When he decides it's safe enough, he turns to Mr. Jeon.

"Thanks, Jeon. I really appreciate it."

"By Friday, Lee."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

Minho pushes me down the alley while Mr. Jeon goes back into the van.

Once we reach the other side of the alley, which had more dumpsters, the van was gone and Minho was searching down the sidewalk.

He must have found what he was looking for because he pushed me against the wall and motioned for me to stay there.

He walked back to the entrance of the alley and leaned against the wall, looking down at his phone and looking casual.

We waited about 5 minutes, when someone came towards the dumpsters. They walked past it, dropping a duffle bag on the side instead of inside. The bag had a small gold compass and red flag printed on the side, like a logo.

Minho looked up from his phone towards the person, making eye contact with them. They both nodded, then they turned to me.

The stranger's hair with a silver stripe fell down near his fox-like eyes. His lighter skin tone shone a contrast apart from the dark alley. And not to mention his sharp jawline.

He smiled at me while walking back to the sidewalk and continuing his stroll through town.

Minho waited a minute then walked towards me, grabbing the bag on his way. He pulled us more into the darkness of the center in the alley way and opened the bag.

Inside was a bunch of clothes. Some baggy pants, shirts, and jackets. Along with 2 hats, everything was a dark color.

He started pulling out the clothes and handing some to me.

"Put these on, quickly. Just put them over your clothes, we don't have much longer before we get there."

I didn't ask any questions as I slipped the clothes on over the uniform the jail gave me.

They were way too big for me, but I guess it didn't matter as long as they covered the uniform good enough.

We both finished at the same time, placing the hats on together. Minho turned to me, smiling a little as he fixed my hat and jacket to hide me more.

Minho grabbed the duffle bag and my hand before walking towards one end of the alley. At the opening to the sidewalk, he paused and looked both ways before turning left.

As we turned to merge into the rest of the people, Minho leaned towards me.

"Keep your head down, and try not to look at anyone straight on. We have to walk a few blocks."

I nodded and we walked down the sidewalk, amongst other people for a few blocks, until we came up to a parking lot with only a few cars parked on it.

Minho led us to a small black car parked in the back row of the lot.

He walked to the driver's side, digging into the duffle bag to find something. Eventually, he pulled out car keys and unlocked the car for us.

We both got in and settled into our seats before we went anywhere.

As I studied the inside of the car, Minho started the car and exhaled.

"Let's go home."

A/N:
I'm excited, the next chapters were fun to write.

I'm posting two chapters today because today is when I normally post, so I thought, why not post two?

Here is the second meme:

I swear if stray kids turner up at my house, I'd only let certain members inside.

Love you guys!❤🖤❤🖤❤🖤

(Also I just found out Soobin has covid plz send help😭 I hope he gets better💙💛)