Chapter 53

"M-Minho?"

"Sungie."

I'm asleep. I have to be. There's no way Minho just came through the air duct into this darn interrogation room. I must have fell asleep while answering Officer Jeon's repetitive questions.

He slightly smiled and started walking towards me, holding his arms open towards me.

You know what? Even if this is a dream, at least I'll be happy for a bit.

I pushed away from the door and practically ran into Minho's arms. As soon as I made contact, he wrapped his arms around me and we slowly sunk onto the floor.

I started stuttering out his name, not making a complete sentence.

He stroked my head and pulled me in as tight as he could.

"It's ok, Sungie. I'm here now, I got you. I won't let you go again." He repeated.

When I had calmed down a bit he pulled back and held both sides of my face.

"I'm so sorry, Sungie. I got you in here and you've been by yourself for all this time."

I still couldn't really push out a sentence, and I didn't try to.

Minho didn't seem to mind though, he pressed our foreheads together and let me try to even my breathing more.

If this is a dream, it feels very real. Maybe this really is Minho.

Out of nowhere he tilts his head up and places a quick kiss on my lips, grabbing my shoulders to help me stand up.

Ok, this isn't a dream.

"Come on, we need to go now. I will explain everything later but we need to leave right now."

I slightly nodded and he guided me to the ladder, letting me climb up first. He climbed up after, gathered the ladder, and nudged me down the air duct.

After more crawling and quiet whispers of directions, I was led to a hole in the air duct, opening to the mid-day sky.

I climbed out and looked around, we were on the roof.

Minho climbed out too and used a wooden panel that was on the roof to block off the air duct a little. He then quickly turned back to me, grabbed my hand and started sprinting to a corner of the roof.

Once we reached the edge, I looked over the roof to see the back of the jail between the building and the barbed wire wall.

There was two vans parked there, blocking the corners of the small alley to keep people from getting in.

Minho went ahead and set up the ladder from earlier. It didn't reach the ground, so he positioned it to lead to the roof of the closest van. He climbed down a little and jumped the rest of the way, turning back to face me.

"Come on, Jisung. I promise I'll catch you if you fall."

I didn't need more convincing as I followed his movements, landing on the van with Minho's hands on my waist to keep me from falling.

Once I'm balanced again, he slides down to the hood of the van and hops onto the ground. I roughly follow his movements, landing next to him.

Again, he grabs my hand and leads us to the back of the van. I stand still confused as he opens the back doors and jumps inside.

There weren't any seats besides the front seats, but there were some mats placed down to make the surface softer. Along one side of the walls, there were 3 garbage bags lined up. Or at least they were trash bags, but I don't know what was in them.