Chapter 7

I continue to place my little yellow flags here and there along the alley ways.

Sometimes someone will come up to me, and I give them a flag depending if they seem to need it or not.

The flags were Chan's idea. We use them to kind of signal the people of the allies when we are at the warehouse to hand out food, money, or supplies. The flags have our logo on one side, and a message on the other to tell the people its purpose. When someone finds a flag, they can use it as a "ticket" for anything we have to offer that day.

We've also heard through a few frequent visitors that some people are collecting flags and handing them out to others who haven't seen one before.

The whole web of helpfulness is what our group is trying to accomplish. And we do accomplish it every time we place a flag down in the alley.

When I'm done with all my flags, I head back towards the warehouse to help Chan and Jeongin.

At first glance, the warehouse looks empty and lifeless between all the other semi-run down buildings on the street as it has been for years. But when you go inside, you see the small crowd of people sitting on the benches we have placed out, and people smiling for the first time in a while.

Walking up to the back wall of the building, Chan, Jeongin, and Seungmin stand at a table with friendly smiles handing people things.

I walk behind the table to be immediately greeted by Jeongin's tight hug.

"You're back, hyung! How was your round?"

"Just like always. I'm expecting to see a woman come in, I personally gave her a flag earlier."

Jeongin gets called over by Seungmin to help with a heavy load. I look over to see Chan getting his cheeks squeezed by an elderly lady wrapped in a blanket.

Chan always loves to walk around the small building and talk to the people who visit us. That way he gets to meet new people and get some information on what they might need the next time we come out to help.

As I stand at my post ready for someone to come up to me, I see a woman come through the small crowd, the same woman from earlier.

I smile at ease knowing she took the chance to come here, but my smile fades when she walks out further.

She walks closer to the table while holding the hands of a little boy and girl behind her, that's what the extra movement of the tent was from.

She walks up to me. "Y-you're the man who gave me t-this, right?" She asks while putting the flag on the table.

I smile and nod. "Yes, ma'am. If you haven't heard about this whole operation before: We're a group called Yellow Wood. Every week we come to this warehouse and hand out essential items to people in need. I noticed you in the alley earlier and knew you could use our help." I say.

She stands still in almost disbelief at what she's come across.

Before she can say anything, I turn and grab two boxes from our stock.

"These boxes are specially made for small families. Inside each one is some food, clothes, blankets, some hygiene items, and an envelope with $55 inside." I say as I slide the boxes towards her.

She remains in her shocked state as her kids come out from behind her. They both look at me with big eyes, and I know exactly what they should get.

Turning to the box next to the clothes pile, I grab two toys for them.

I turn back towards the family and place a stuffed animal dog and a magnetic doodle board.

(One of these things)

The kids grab the toys and smile towards each other and back at me. By this time the woman has broken out of her dazed state, and has started crying happy tears.

She started to try to stutter out a thank you, but I cut her off.

"Ma'am, you don't need to thank us right now. Here, take these and have a seat to think about everything." I tell her with a gentle smile.

She nods slightly, gently takes the two boxes, and goes to seat herself at a bench.

When she sits down, Chan comes up to me and pats my back.

"We've done good today. The usual people and some new faces came today which is great." Chan says with a satisfied smile on display.

I sigh with a smile. "Yeah, it feels so good to help them."

Chan faces me. "Remember that tomorrow we are going to the toy store down the street. I noticed you giving those kids toys earlier and I remembered we were a little low." He says and I nod.

A second later Jeongin and Seungmin run up to us with smiles.

"We just finished helping everyone, hyung." Jeongin says.

Chan smiles and pulls us into a group hug. We stay this way for a moment before parting and starting to pack up for the end of the day.

As soon as we start moving boxes and containers, the few people still in the warehouse start to make a fuss.

I look over to see them pointing at the front door which is shining with blue and red lights. As soon as I notice the lights, I hear the sirens following them.

We all look to Chan for our next move, to which he delivers.

"Everyone, don't panic. They are not looking for you or us, so we all are safe. Just make sure to stay safe for the next week until we come back. Feel free to stay here for as long as you need, we will leave some food packs here for anyone to take." Chan announces.

Once he's done, our group gathers the containers we need to take and rush to our van behind the warehouse.

Hopefully the police won't focus on us and stay with whoever they are supposed to be going after.

A/N

This chapter was a little longer than I intended, but I don't regret adding the bit about Jisung and the women's interaction.

I hope the whole thing about the flags made sense, if not ask any questions you might have and I'll answer 😁

The next chapter will be a little different than normal, but I won't tell you how.

Anyway, this week I present thee with a meme from WWH (World Wide Handsome) Kim Seokjin:

Luv you guys! ❤🖤❤🖤❤