Chapter 18

I need sleep.

As soon as I drove back from the park, I almost fell asleep when I was in the driveway of the house.

As predicted, I was able to easily slip back into the house and make my way into my room without getting any unwanted attention from the guys.

Now I'm changing into some pajamas to sleep my life away. Good thing we don't have anything to do in the morning.

I throw myself on my bed and quickly climb under the blankets to escape the cool air in the room. I wish I could stay here forever.

Lee Know's words from earlier ring back in my head.

'I steal to survive, and you steal to let others survive.'

I've never thought of our whole operation that way before. Normally, I've always categorized us as on the same level as other criminals. Does this make us on pedestal or something? No. At the end of the day we steal just like other groups do. Just like he does. We just handle our loot differently than others would.

As I keep thinking on the idea, my mind starts to melt into my tiredness and I fall asleep easily.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now in the morning, I'm woken up by the smell of bacon.

Food. Now.

I get up and freshen up before rushing down stairs to the food.

In the kitchen is Chan cooking some bacon and eggs on a pan with Seungmin and Jeongin sitting on the bar enjoying their breakfast.

As soon as I step into the kitchen area, Chan notices me.

"'Morning, Jisung. Are you hungry?"

"Good morning, and yes."

He nods and places down a plate of the bacon and eggs he was just making in front of me.

I start to eat up as Chan sits in front of us and starts talking about today's plans.

"Ok so, today isn't that busy. The only thing we really need to do is to meet Jaebeom for an exchange, plan the next heists, and I think it's time we clean up the storage room." Chan says.

We groan at the idea of cleaning the storage room. I thought we all kind of silently and mutually decided that room was a lost cause. If the floor is not visible anymore, then it means the floor doesn't exist and there is no use in trying to find it.

Beside me, Seungmin and Jeongin finish their plates and move to clean up after themselves. As they both walk to the living room to watch TV, Chan turns to me with a serious face.

"Where were you?"

"Huh?"

"Don't make this longer than we need to make it, Jisung. I know you went out last night."

I look away from him.

"How did you know?"

"You don't think I could hear when a car starts and the garage door closes? You're lucky only I heard it. Seungmin and Jeongin were already asleep, but if they heard it I'm sure Jeongin would have been freaking out."

I look down into my lap as Chan sighs.

"Where did you go?"

"I-I just .. went to the park. It was a nice night and I wanted to go out."

He studies my face to see if I was telling the truth, which I'm not, obviously.

Apparently he doesn't see that and sits back in his seat.

"Ok, if you say so. Look, Jisung. If you are seeing someone we don't know about, just tell me. I hate to say it but this life doesn't allow for us to easily make 'outside friends'. Even if we don't intend to hurt them, we still are part of a community of criminals. Someone else might catch on and use that person against you." He advises.

We've all had this conversation before, that's the main reason we don't really interact with people other than ourselves.

"Hyung, I'm not seeing anyone. I really just went out, nothing more."

He nods and stands up.

"If you say so, Ji. I'll believe you." He says as he pats my shoulder.

Chan goes to join the others in the living room while I stay back and finish up the rest of my plate.

Was I that obvious last night? I didn't think I was making that much noise, unless Chan was awake and he heard me leave. I was only gone for a little over an hour.

I should have listened to myself in the first place, I shouldn't be interacting with him. Especially if he is a criminal like me, he can turn us in in no time.

But, to be fair, he's also taking a huge risk too. His group steals for themselves, I could turn him in easliy too.

Hm. I guess we have to be in equal agreement.

Whatever, it's not like I'll see him again. If his group barges in on us again I'll just make sure to avoid them as much as I possibly can.

A/N:
Sorry this is late, I forgot it's Sunday.

I dont have anything to say besides Happy Halloween! 🎃

Love you guys!🖤❤🖤❤🖤🎃🎃