Chapter 8

~Minho's POV~
As we break through the vent and land in the center of the jewelry store, I think back to the last time I was in a store like this.

Ever since I started arguing with that guy and he pulled his mask down, I haven't stopped thinking about him.

When he pulled his mask down, he was too busy telling me off to notice my reaction. Even though he was looking up at me and whisper yelling at me, I froze when I saw his face. He was so cute, and the mask around his chin made his cheeks look puffy.

I stop and find myself just standing and smiling at the display case in front of me. Behind me, I feel a hand on my back as Hyunjin walks up to me and starts on the case I hadn't opened yet.

"What are you doing, hyung? We need to be quick." He says.

I nod and shuffle over the other side of the shop.

Yesterday when we got back to the house, my team all noticed something was off with me. Hyunjin out of everyone was upset with me being "distracted" as he put it.

I'm not distracted, I just am thinking of someo- something else for once.

Speaking of distracted, how much time do we have left?

Whatever.

I use a glass cutter to open the case and take out all the jewelry from their stands. I continue for 5 more minutes with complete focus, until I come across a case of rings.

I was taking the rings he and his team had left when he pushed me. He didn't even push me that hard, I was just surprised by the action and stumbled a little.

Not thinking about what I'm doing, I pull down my mask a little and smile at the memory from the meeting yesterday.

All of a sudden, I hear the sound of glass breaking and see that Changbin had gone for the big necklace in the center of the store.

As soon as the glass cracks, the alarms in the store go off and lights start to flash.

I look around to see my team rushing to gather their bags and run out.

I pull up my mask and run towards the back of the store ahead of everyone else.

With the shop being embedded next to other stores, we have no choice but to climb up to the roof.

Quickly finding the hatch to the roof, I pull down the attached ladder and motion for the youngest to go up first.

Felix, then Hyunjin, then Changbin go up followed by me. When I'm up, I pull up the ladder but we have to run before I can close the hatch.

As my team run across the rooftops of buildings, I look over the edge to see police cars barreling down the street to get to the robbed shop.

I move closer to the middle of the building and crouch a little so the cops won't see me and keep running to catch up with my team.

As we run and jump from roof to roof, we come up to the abandoned warehouse. I was about to jump off its roof to the next when I heard voices from inside.

I stop and look through a hole in the roof to see four guys and a bunch of other homeless people inside. There was a table with boxes and containers set up on the back wall with benches all over the place.

"We've done good today." I hear.

I look over to see two guys standing together, one is patting the shorter's back with a satisfied smile.

"Yeah, it feels good to help them." The smaller says.

When he speaks, I recognize the voice right away. That guy.