Chapter 52: Come & Early Childhood Memories

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

September 1, 1993

~Tia's P.O.V~

"You know a lot about me, so tell me a little about yourself. Things you feel I should know and things you didn't get to tell me before. Highlights in your life that has either effected you negatively or for the better. You friend has told me that you have a hard time opening up to people but I'm here for you, so take your time."

"Ummm..." I looked up at the ceiling in deep thought on where to start. "I don't exactly know where to start or how to start."

"There is no right or wrong way to start. We can start wherever you feel the need to start. But, I can give you some suggestions?"

"Yes ma'am."

Elijah is the one who recommended me to her. He did his little research on her and after he told me about her, I did my research on her. When Eej said that he'd make it his business to make me an appointment, and he was true to his words. He really set this up. I've met up with her other times to warm up to her, but this time is an actual session.

Mrs. Johnson is an older, fifty- seven to be exact, married woman. She's an experienced and licensed therapist. I don't get any and vibes from her at all. I had to make sure of that by hanging around her. It's just like getting a bodyguard, you have to check out their vibes and how long you get along with them. I have to trust people A LOT to open up. Mrs. Johnson is a kindred spirit. She also reminds me of my dead grandmother in some ways.

"Okay... People who show up here have courage galore, perhaps even a tad bit of exasperation. If you don’t mind, I’m going to ask you some questions, and take notes about what you say so I can keep it fresh in my memory. Oh, and feel free to interrupt me at any time or steer the conversation to where you need it to go. In your mind, what is it exactly that brings you here to therapy?"

I started playing with my fingers. "I- umm... I've been dealing with... issues since adolescent years that are from childhood and early childhood. I don't know how to get rid of it- well, handle them. I know that I'll never be able to get rid of these problems." I explained to her.

"Yes, and I'm glad that you understand that you can't get rid of serious problems, but that you can heal from them. We'll start from the beginning. What's the earliest memory you have of yourself? What was your childhood like?" Ms. Johnson asked me.

"One of the earliest memories I have of myself is when I was asked by my mother what I wanted to be when I grow up. At that time I was two. My first answer was lawyer because my aunt was one then I changed my mind to wanting to be a robot." I laughed at the though. "No, actually I remember when I was one almost two and I remember having to lay on the floor due to them shooting outside. We lived in a horrible neighborhood at the time."

"Having to do that at such a young age, did it ever effect you?" She said after writing down in her book.

"Not to my knowledge. The only thing it prevented is us not being to go outside as much and staying at my aunts house at times." I shrugged and took a sip of my water.

"And your childhood?" She asked again.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I shook my head because didn't answer it the first time.