Chapter 28: Come & Self-Esteem

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

March 1, 1992

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"It's TOO fucking early for this shit, man!" I put the pillow over my head.

"Not this shit AGAIN!" I turned around yelling up to the ceiling. I could hear Tionne and Dalvin LOUDLY screwing in the other room.

           I wish they go to her crib and do that shit. She live by herself, so why not? It's always here. That's why I need to get some soundproof walls in my fucking room! I got up, put some pants on, and left my room. When I walked out, I heard their moaning more clearly than I did in my room. At least I know I have somewhere to go, I grabbed my keys, put on my winter gear, and left out the house.

          When I made it to my car, I turned it on to warm it up, then I called her number. NO ANSWER. I called again, waited for an answer, but to no avail. Oh well, I'm still coming over. Her ass gon' answer the door regardless. I made it to my destination, it took me a while to get to the door, but I made it. I knocked three times, and her the lock click.

"Donald, what are you doing here? It's like three o'clock?" Tia said squinting at me with low, red eyes.

"I called twice and you ain't pick up." I shrugged walking past her. "What was you doin' anyways?" I asked.

"I just got back a little while ago. I most likely was in the shower when you called. But, why are you here this early in the morning? Is something wrong?" She said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Hell yeah. Them niggas, Dalvin and Tionne up in there fucking, and woke me up. I can't sleep with all that noise. Why are yo eyes all red? I know yo ass don't smoke." I laughed, taking off my shoes then plopping down on the couch.

"Work was longer than usual, and I'm tireD, and was going to sleep. You mean to tell me, YOU woke me up, because THEY woke you up? That's not how it works." She closed the door, staring at me with her arms folded against her chest, eyebrows still furrowed.

"What, an I not welcomed?" I asked confused.

"I didn't say that, it's just early, and like I said I'm tireD. You're fine." She said dropping her arms to her side.

"I'm tired to, can I crash here? I'm tired too, they just woke my ass up." I asked.

"Yeah, you can sleep on the couch, let me get you some sheets." She said walking to the closet to get some sleeping materials for me.

"A'ight, cool. Thank you." I said to her.

She said walking to the closet, "No problem." She was able to get some things but not all.

"I got it, with yo short ass." I laughed standing up.

"For the last time, I'm tall for a woman. The average women in the US is 5'4, and I'm 5'6 or seven." She said stepping back, so I could get it.

"I'm well over six feet. So, you still short to me." I chuckled.

"Just get the blanket." Tia said to me, motioning towards the closet.