Chapter 31: Come & Hollywood Swingin'

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

March 7, 1992

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"De, you really pissin' me off with this." Dalvin exasperated.

"Oh, that's nice to know. We on in a couple of hours. Now, from the top!" I yelled at them.

"This nigga..." JoJo mumbled under his breath, shaking his head at me.

          I don't give a fuck. I'm Joe Jackson and part of the group today. These niggas ain't getting it. They ass having a hard time because of all the fun they had last night. I mean, I got a little fucked up too, but I know my limits. They better get un-fucked-up. These niggas wanted to get sloppy and did to impress these nasty ass, pass-around, bad L.A bitches. That's the reason they decided on wearing shades, trying to be like me. Dalvin and I began to play our instruments. Jojo started to sing.

I held up my hand, "Pause!" I said loud enough for them to hear. "JoJo, sing that shit like you mean it. Put a little more baritone on 'feeling.' Drop your octave some. From the top." I dropped my hand. He nodded, and we started up again.

          We practiced for about two hours more before we had to perform on Martin's show. It went a little something like this...

"Now give it up for JoDeCi." Tommy Davidson announced to the audience. Dalvin started the drums while I started the piano.

🎶Lately I've had the strangest feeling

With no vivid reason here to find
But yet the thought of losing you been hanging
Around my mind, K-CI eeee sing it🎶 Jojo sang.

🎶Far more frequently your wearing perfume
With you say the special place to go
But when I ask will you be coming back soon
You don't know never know🎶

🎵Said you never never know.🎵 Someone else sang along, I don't know what's going on.

"Oooh, yeah-yeah-yeah!" Martin came out with his pants unbuckled. K-Ci look like he was about to pimp slapped this nigga. K-Ci was still a little wasted, so there was no telling what was about to happen.

"Oh, I'm a man of many wishes." Martin continued singing, putting his arms around JoJo and K-Ci. What the fuck is goin on with this nigga!? JoJo attempted to push Martin away from them.

"I'm chillin' on Varnell Hill!" Martin shouted out.

Martin moved closer to me screaming. "K-Ci! Jojo! DeVanté!" He said about to touch me, I quickly dodged his attempt by moving my upper body away from him. I managed to do so while still playing the piano. Ion like that touching shit, this nigga breath was smelling like K-Ci's!

"Dalvin!" He said going behind me so I don't know what he did to Dalvin. He said some more incoherent words.

Martin came back and stood next to me. "It could be! It could be!" He said moving like a crackhead, then went back to standing next to K-Ci.

"Yes, he will!" K-Ci sang.

"Yes, he will!" Martin said afterwards jumping in K-Ci face.