Chapter 84: Come & Messy Meg

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

June 3, 1997

~Tia's P.O.V~

Our graduation party is today. I told everyone to be here at twelve p.m but we don't start to board until 1:30 because these black folks love to come late and by telling them an earlier time, they'll be on time or come a LITTLE after the time we're supposed to get on. I'm not excluded because I run on C.P time on events like these but today I got here early to pick the best room as well as the making sure my room is clean. I brought my own sheets because that's what I do. This is a five-day thing and we're supposed to be sleeping on the yacht.

My uncle who acts SO much like K-Ci wanted to come so I said he could come. I mean K-Ci and my uncle sing alike and don't care about anything. My uncle is a carefree spirit and I love it. He doesn't care who he's around and he'd still act the same. There are plenty of things to do during the duration of our stays like jet skis, swimming, a bunch of games, and drink for the drinkers. We're getting on a boat so there's a limit on how much you drink. We don't need anyone drinking, falling in the water then drowning.

There will be a bunch of us. My uncle, Yasir, Ashari, Courtney, Jasmine, Elijah, Jacob, Algee, Megan, Lizzo, Thamar, Woody, JoJo, K-Ci, Dalvin, Chika, Cole Donald, security, and myself. Dalvin is supposed to bring Tionne. Tupac is also supposed to be coming but we haven't heard from him since the day of my graduation. I've NEVER been on a moving boat before in my life, and I hope I don't get seasick. I tend to get the short end of the stick with many things.

"Hurry yo ass up, shit." My uncle said rushing me onto the yacht.

"Dang! Chill unc, I'm just trying not to bust my behind. This dock is moving and if I fall and bust my behind, you can't save me because YOU can't swim." I turned around to face him and spoke.

"You damn right! Ain't no use to the both of us drownin'!" He yelled.

"Okay, so you can get around or walk slowly behind me but don't rush me." I turned back around and walked carefully down the dock.

"Gatdamn! Walk yo ass up! Shit!" He said impatiently.

I just laughed then held onto the docks stump. "Go around me." I gestured

"So I can buss my ass?" He said giving me this 'are you on drugs?' look.

"Man, I'm tired of you already. I can't deal with you this whole trip." I said laughing.

"Did I ever get tired of pickin' yo ass up from school all those times?" He asked me.

"Man, that was elementary. You bringing up old stuff. I just graduated college." I rolled my eyes.

"Do that to yo nigga and you ain't gotta worry bout bussing yo own ass, he gon' do it for you." He pointed at me.

"If my dude hit me, he ain't my dude no more AND he gon' be a dead ex. Pshh." I told him and rolled my eyes again. "Gon' 'head or we gon' be standing here all day?" I asked him.

"That's right. You 'on't take no shit from no nigga, but imma watch you bust yo head." He gestured for me to go.

"Aht, now see..." I trailed off.