Chapter 74: Come & A Year of Sobriety

Please excuse ANY  grammatical errors.

September 14, 1996

~Third Person's P.O.V~

DeVanté, Tia, and Tupac are all in the game room playing around with each other and the games. Tia was too busy playing that she didn't hear the alert from the gatekeepers saying someone was here to see her but Elijah did and let this person through.

"They should be in the basement still so she probably can't hear nothing," Elijah told Taimak as soon as he opened the door. Elijah walked off somewhere.

"They?" Taimak whispered to himself.

He washed his hands and made his way down to the basement. There was a bunch of laughing, male laughing. He knew that it wasn't her brother or father because he had just left after seeing them. There NO WAY they would've beaten him to her house. He walked into the room to see Tupac, DeVanté, and his girlfriend.

"Got damn, nigga you suck at this!" Tupac threw the basketball through the hoop. "How you this tall and still suck ass?"

DeVanté laughed "Fuck you, bald head ass nigga." DeVanté tried to get the ball in the hoop but failed. Tia stood back watching them cracking up.

"Hey, hun," Taimak said coming up to her to kiss her.

"Hi, babe." Tia pecked his lips. "What are you doing here? When did you get to Atlanta? You didn't tell me you were coming this weekend."

"I know. I needed to take care of something and since I'm here, I HAD to come see my girlfriend." He pulled her by the waist and kissed her again.

Taimak wasn't expecting just a peck from her when they haven't seen each other in weeks. Then again, he knows that she hates PDA in front of people she knows. They aren't in public but there are people she knows in close vicinity.

"What's wrong with you?" He whispered pulling away. Tia stayed silent as her eyes shifted to a now silent Tupac and DeVanté. "Oh! Hello, I'm Taimak." He said holding out his hand.

"Pac." Tupac dapped him up instead of shaking it. "Sup, man."

"What's up." It wasn't a question, just returned greetings.

"DeVanté." DeVanté nodded at him, leaving Taimak's hand hanging.

"Don't worry 'bout him, man. He just mad that he keeps gettin' his ass kicked." Tupac chuckled.

"It's cool." Taimak shrugged. "I hate losing too." Taimak was trying his best to relate. "Aren't you the guy from the parking lot?"

"Yes," DeVanté said with his back turned missing the hoop again.

"Oh..." Taimak trailed off scratching the back of his head not knowing what to else to say.

"DeVanté, you're being rude," Tia told him.

DeVanté chuckled then turned around. "I'm not. I'm just trying to make the third hoop. My bad man, I'm DeVanté. I heard about you. Nice to meet you." He shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Taimak took notice of DeVanté wiping his hand off on the side of his pants after they shook hands. Taimak didn't think too much of it. Maybe he's a germaphobe like Tia? Then he turned back to Tia and took notice of her attire."You got on short underneath that?" He asked her.