Chapter 34: Come & Going Back to Indiana

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

April 7, 1992

~Joel (JoJo) Hailey's P.O.V~

I like keeping people in suspense on who I really am. By people, I mean the public and fans. They be thinking I'm the quiet one. I'm not a K-Ci, but I am not the quiet one of us, that's De. I'm a big guy, and these people can't know I'm outgoing unless they already know me. Pretending to be quiet is what keep the ladies coming this way. They be thinking, 'oh, he's so quiet and cuddly.' I'm one of those things of you're MY lady, and ONLY mines. I really reel them in with my humor. What lady don't like humor? I'll wait... The groupies can go right after we through. Pretending is what JoDeCi is about. It's called having game.

"I'm feeling about ten pounds lighter." De said closing the bathroom door, rubbing his stomach. "Man, ion think you wanna go in there for a while. Need a fuckin' match." De said to me chuckling with the air freshener in his hand.

"Nigga, how you gon' come to my house and blow it up like that?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"The same way y'all asses come to my house and eat up all my shit." He pointed out.

"I was supposed to be leaving out with yo ass, and before I could close the door and lock it, yo ass ran up in here. You coulda did that shit at y'all place. You live in the same building." I said pointing to the door.

Within every group of friends there is another set. Most people would think me and K-Ci the closest since we brothers and Dal and De. It ain't that way at all. Me and De hang out together and Dal and K-Ci hang out. You hang out with the person that you got more in common with.

"Sometimes, yo stomach don't catch up to you until it catch up with you. You know what I'm saying?" De said in a monotone voice.

"Nah nigga. I don't know what you mean. Frankly, I don't think you know what you sayin'." I laughed locking the door.

"Aye man, you ready for Florida and Tennessee?" De asked as we walked to the elevator.

De us referring to the show we have in Tennessee with MC Hammer and Boys II Men in Florida on the eleventh of this month. Then they adding Oaktown's 357th for the 'Too Legit World Tour.' The world tour starts on the 17th in Tennessee. We're already prepared for it all. Between them (JoDeCi) getting the people under they label together we been practicing. Florida is a hot spot for loose women. So, I'm ready for that.

"I'm ready, that country ass place. I'm definitely ready for Florida though. What floor yo car on?" I shrugged with my hands in my pockets.

"You actin' like you ain't from the country. Why are coming to the studio though?" He asked pressing the button.

"You know I'm tryna get at Radiah man." I nodded.

"Radiah?" He pushed his head back with raised brows.

The elevator opened, and we walked out. "Yup. What you got something goin' on with her?"

"Man, naw. Ion got nothing goin' on with that girl." He chuckled shaking his head. "Why you tryna get at her though? Ain't you with ol' girl?"