Chapter 26: Come & Too Fast

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

February 16, 1992

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

Tia left the room and I turned back around and waited until I couldn't see her anymore. The minute I couldn't, I shifted my eyes frowning at JoJo, K-Ci, and Dalvin.

"Y'all niggas need to mind y'all fuckin' business." I told them irritated.

"You my brother, and I'm just tryna' looking out fa you. You never know who somebody truly is." Dalvin said.

"Honestly, I was just playing. I thought Dalvin was too, but I guess not." K-Ci responded.

"I did too." JoJo shrugged.

"It ain't seem like it. Besides, she doesn't know that." I said speaking to them all. "Imagine me asking Tionne all that shit, when I know she's faithful, and you sleeping around. How do you think she'd react, and you'a feel?" I said to Dalvin.

"I'dda be pissed, but the difference between y'all and us is that y'all ain't together." Dalvin responded.

"Yeah, she know that, and I know that shit too. She explained that shit before she left to y'all, and it escalated into some bull. She ain't got to explain shit to y'all niggas. She don't owe y'all no type of explanations. Y'all don't know her like I do." I pointed.

"Do you really though?" Dalvin asked.

"Do I what? Know her?"

"Yup."

"Of course I do. If I didn't she wouldn't be staying he'ahh." I shook my head shrugging at his nonsense.

"You may know her, but is it as much as you should?" JoJo asked.

"Yeah, everything was kind'a quick. Y'all known each other for how long?" K-Ci asked.

I walked out the living room, letting those their questions linger. They did make some points. I left out of the living room and entered Tia's room.

"Hey," I said sitting on the chair, and Tia nodded at me as a greet. "So are you staying?" I asked her, leaning on my legs. She turned around to face me deeply inhaling then exhaling. I saw it because of her chest moved up then down. The dresser was holding her up by her butt.

"Honestly, I think it's best that I do." She said, and I was about to interrupt. "Now, before you say anything," she held her hands up in defense. "We are friends and I appreciate you letting me stay. Thank you so much. I just think this was too fast. We've known each other for a little over a month, talked on the phone a lot, but we don't know each other like we should.-" She explained.

"But we know each other enough for me to buy you gifts and you to receive them though right?" I questioned looking her in her eyes. I was now standing in front of her, looking into her eyes.

"Dude, please let me finish speaking." Tia said getting just as annoyed as I was.

"Go' 'head." I motioned.

"First things first, I really do appreciate you and EVERYTHING that you've done. We're both two people of different genders, and the tension is in the air. I don't mean no regular tension either-"