Chapter 9: Come & Take Flight

Please excuse any grammatical errors.

January 20, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

"A'ight, imma miss hanging out with you all the time." Tupac said hugging me tightly.

"I know, I'm going to miss you too. But you know I'm going to have to come back another time, right?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry that I can't see you off, but you know money calls." He laughed.

"Believe me, I understand."

"A'ight, let me go for real. Be safe." He said hugging me even tighter this time.

"I will," I told him and he left.

It was now 9 o'clock in the morning, and I was waiting for time to pass me by. Tupac came over to see me before I left, because he couldn't see me off. He couldn't stay because today was the day he had to go to the recording company to go over his contract. This film project has has been a success, and my bank account has to show for it. I met some pretty cool people through the experience. I was currently watching the 8 o'clock news it was talking about how the weather was at it's best for being January, 12°F to be exact. There was a knock at the door, which caused me to get up and put the remote down.

"I'm coming..." I said. I looked through the peephole and there was DeVanté at my door, so I opened it.

"Hi..." I trailed off.

"Hey," he replied.

"What're you doing here?" I asked gesturing him inside.

"I just thought that maybe I can take you to the airport?" He said scratching his head.

"Thank you, but what made you want to do that?" I asked him.

"We're friends now. And plus, you won't have to pay your driver."

"We are!? I mean, we are?," I mentally slapped myself for my tone of voice.

"Yeah," he looked at me weirdly.

"Thank you!" I said with enthusiasm.

"You are welcome. What time do you actually want to leave? I came a bit earlier because I didn't know if you meant your flight was leaving at ten or you were going to be there by ten." He stated.

"I leave the hotel at ten."

"Oh okay. Well, then c-can I st-stay here until then?" He asked looking at me.

"I-uhh, sure?" I said in more of a question than answer, I mean he seemed cool yesterday. Then continued, "Go, ahead and make yourself comfortable." I gestured towards the sofa.

"Ladies first," he said wanting me to walk first.

"So, where's Pac?" He asked sitting on the sofa.

"Work," I replied, sitting as well. Silence filled the air until he spoke. The only thing that you could hear was the news station on the television.