Chapter 24: Come & Just Turned 20

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

February 16, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

"Wake yo ass up." I heard a low and deep voice say, then chuckle in my ear. I opened my eyes, DeVanté's face was only an inch from my own, his eyes were staring intensely into mines. He moved his head back, I lifted my head, looked at the clock, and noticed I had only been asleep about forty-five minutes. It was now 7:27 a.m.

"DeVanté, do you know how early it is?" I asked in a sleepy voice, lifting my head even more.

"Yeah... And?" He he shrugged nonchalantly.

"What you mean, and? I got back a little over an hour ago, and just went to sleep not too long ago."

"Again, AND?" He laughed out, "Happy birthday. Here." DeVanté said holding up and blue polka dotted gift bag and sat it beside me.

I turned around and sat up on my butt. "You got me something?" I asked, though it was more of a rhetorical question. "You didn't have to do this."

"Yes, I did," he replied.

I shook the box, "What is it?"

"Op-open it up a-and see." He stuttered, clearing his throat, moving his eyes elsewhere, then back on me.

"Are you good?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"I-I-I'm gre-great." He cleared his throat again, closed his eyes tightly, shaking his head, then opened them back up.

"Are you sure? You're acting weird." I laughed out, looking at him oddly.

"Mmhm," he cleared his throat again. He turned his head, looking away from me, then turned it back around. "Just open up the damned box." He forced out in a demanding yet playful tone.

"Okay, I will. Goodness gracious." I sat up more, moving the pillow up and putting my back against the headboard.

I reached into the bag and pulled out some perfume, lotion from Bath&Body Works. The scent was A Thousand Wishes. I LOVE THIS SCENT! I reached my hand in the bag again, and pulled out a jewelry box. I opened that and it was a Amethyst crystal necklace. My BIRTHSTONE.

"Now, I know it ain't much, but in my defence you told me last minute

"Now, I know it ain't much, but in my defence you told me last minute." He chuckled.

"No! I really really love it! It's an Amethyst crystal, and my birthstone! That's so thoughtful of you. Thank you so much!" I cheesed and pulled him in for a hug.