Chapter 73: Come & A Grown Man Cries

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

September 14, 1996

~Daryl's P.O.V~

"What you think he wants?" Yasir asked me.

"I got a clue but I'm not sure. They have been together for like a year now. Read between the lines son." I told him.

"I'm reading between the line but ain't shi- nothin' between them lines," Yasir said confused.

"How you dumb as hell at thirty-two?" I asked grabbing my grandson from his car seat. He had just woken up. "Boahhhh, you got a head like yo daddy  but mostly yo auntie!" I said laughing. "I'm glad he holdin' his head up on his own now."

"Look at yo head

"Look at yo head. Over there shaped like a hotlink." Yasir said laughing. "Leave my son alone."

"Y'all got him on hard bottom shoes when his lazy ass ain't even walking. Take them shoes off that baby." LaZardia said walking into the room; my wife and Yasir's mother.

"That's gon' make it even harder for him to walk. Y'all young kids..." I said shaking my head.

"As long as he looks fly." Yasir shrugged. "He tryin' to though."

"He would try harder if y'all ain't have these hard bottoms on him." LaZardia took the shoes off Masir.

He wiggled his little body down my legs, onto the floor, and started crawling. "Walk." I picked him up and made him stand up. He stared at my with his big eyeballs then plopped his ass right back down on the floor.

"Lazy ass," LaZardia said laughing. "Lookin' like yo auntie."

"I had to ask my girl did she sleep with my sister. I was a bit skeptical because he look more like her than anyone else." Yasir said laughing.

"He's the closest thing imma get to your sister since she hardly EVER comes here to see me." LaZardia rolled her eyes.

"You know that girl busy. When is she EVER at home?" I asked her.

"YOU be quiet." She said with a chuckle.

"That's how I know that you know I'm tellin' the truth." I chuckled. "Yeah..." I said looking at her. "You can also go with me when I do go to see her."

"That's not how it's supposed to be. You're supposed to make time for your mother. Does she? No..." She said as a response. "She barely even calls me."