Chapter 12: Come & I'll Wait For You

Please excuse any grammatical errors.

February 1, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

"Hey, Tia!" Dalvin excitedly said to me.

"Hello, Dalvin. How's it going?" I said, taking off my shoes, even though I should have done it at the door.

"Great now, I'm pretty sure you heard EVERYTHING that was said out there." Dalvin put emphasis on the word 'EVERYTHING', giving DeVanté a certain look.

"Yeah, I did..." I trailed off. I can't help but feel some type of way. K-Ci apologised to DeVanté but didn't apologize to me, and I haven't even done anything to him. Even when he was at my hotel, I was nothing but welcoming to him and he said all that about me.

"Look, K-Ci didn't mean any of what he said." DeVanté explained to me.

"Yeah, I know I heard," I laughed, and continued. "But, my question is did you?" I asked him

"Yeah... I'm gonna go..." Dalvin interrupted standing there awkwardly and took this as his opportunity to leave.

"I meant every word." He said lowly. My breath hitched, and my when he said that.

"Donny, I..." I trailed off, then continued. "I- I'm I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for a relationship just yet. I have personal issues that I promised myself I'd deal with before I get involved with anyone. Things you won't understand. I'm not bringing extra baggage to a relationship. When I do eventually start dating, my intent will be to marry. Not just to be doing it."

I still haven't been to therapy, or dealt with my childhood trauma. I've been so busy with work and writing, and when I wasn't writing I was on the telephone either speaking to my mother, my brother, Tupac, DeVanté, or some other family member. It's still messes with my head this day.

"It's fine, Tia. I'm willing to wait." Said no man ever. He came and sat down next to me on the bed.

"Yeah, but for how long?" I turned to him. "I can't take people making me empty promises. Most times it just ends in disappointment. I don't think I can't take another one of those to someone I'm close to." I said with my eyes slightly watering, then turned away from him, because ain't nobody about to catch me at a weak point.

I wiped my eyes and turned back around. I don't trust nobody wholeheartedly because if family can do you in and mess with your mental then the people outside are definitely going to do the same.

"You understand, right?" I asked him.

"Not completely, but I have and idea. Like I said, its completely fine. You're going to be my wife in the future. Mark my words, Tia" He said sincerely and my eyes widened in shock.

"Thank you for understanding. You really think I'm wifey material?" I asked with a surprised expression.

"Definitely! I've known you for a short period of time but I ain't EVER felt like this. Your mind got me whipped." He said in a serious tone. "Need a hug?" He laughed holding his arms out. I joined in on the laughing and hugged him.

"Hey, are you hungry?" He pulled back.

"Yeah, I could eat." I shrugged. He got up and I followed. We entered their kitchen, and he opened the freezer.