Chapter 80: Come & Trust

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

December 25, 1996

~Taimak's P.O.V~

I'm back in Atlanta. I would've been here a week ago but the restaurant needed me and there are a bunch of families not cooking which means more orders coming from the restaurant. I decided to drive here this time because I have too much luggage this time around. It IS Christmas morning. Another reason I'm driving is because of my attempt at last-minute plane tickets. You KNOW how that goes in New York.

The last reason is that I've been having a full class of martial art students. The parents are doing last-minute Christmas shopping and sticking their children in my class at the last minute. I'm lenient about that, especially since I make more money and I know how hard it is to find a great babysitter.

I apologized to my fiance for the inconvenience but I still don't think it's okay. New York traffic was the worst EVER and is always the worst around Christmas time or any other important holidays. I have a truck full of presents for everyone. My parents took a flight to Atlanta. I wanted them as well as myself to spend Christmas with my fiance. My parents are divorced and have been for numerous amount of years. They are now with other people but can finally get along with one another. My mother is married while my father isn't.

I mentioned this before but for a refresher to some, I grew up in a toxic household. My siblings and I witnessed them getting into it all the time. It was horrible. Then we had a babysitter who would physically abuse us. You know all the horrible things people would say about biracial people especially then. Because we endured those things at home, it didn't bother us much when my siblings and I went outside the house. So that did toughen us up. Good things can come from the worst situations.

Tia invited my parents to stay with her but they kindly declined and I'm glad! I don't want to walk past any of their rooms and hear things that no child should ever hear their parents doing, grown or not. I definitely don't want them to hear or see us even though Tia was smart and got a soundproof room. Elijah caught us in some awkward situations because we thought he wasn't going to come home early or something. Other times, it's just because we got too caught up and forgot to close or lock the bedroom door.

After driving through her gates and whatnot, I parked my car in the driveway along with her family members' cars and one I didn't recognize. I got out of my car and opened the front door. Yes, we have keys to each other's places, we are engaged! The minute I stepped in, I smelt food. I took off all my winter gear off in the vestibule then walked to the back. Her family are engaged in a full-blown conversation.

"Nahhh- see- see- see-"

"You can't even get it out! Yo ass lying!" Darryl laughed at Yasir's stuttering.

"Taimak! What's dude!?" Yasir said to me then stood up.

"Merry Christmas!" The others yelled out.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" I said returning the greetings
"What's up!" I said shaking Yasir up. "I see you trying to get the conversation off yourself." I said laughing. "

"That ain't what I'm doin'. I'm just glad to see you, brotha in law!" Yasir told me which I ain't buying because he has NEVER greeted me this excited. He's always nonchalant.