Chapter 85: Come & A Little Push

Pleases excuse ANY grammatical errors.

June 4, 1997

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"I'm not getting in that water! There are sharks inside!" Tia told us as we tried to coax her into sliding down the slide and into the water.

"Try it!" I told her. "It's fun."

"You know what else is fun? Getting into this pool that isn't shark-infested." Tia smiled.

"Yo scared ass," I said cracking the hell up.

"Girl, get in the water!" Courtney tried to persuade her.

"The pool? No problem." Tia smiled then began to walk towards the pool.

Courtney grabbed her. "Girl, ain't shit gon' get you! Tell her!"

"Ain't shit gon' get you!" I told Tia all while mocking Courtney.

"Shut up, De," Courteney said laughing.

"Right, shut up De," Cole said laughing.

"That's why yo ass almost got left!" I joked with Cole.

Courtney turned to me. "Almost? His ass did get left. That's what happened when you eat seafood from a zero-starred hygiene restaurant."

"You almost ate there too!" Cole shot back.

"The hell I did!? I wasn't fuckin' my stomach up for nobody! That smell wasn't worth my health. Smelt like musty balls." Courteney sounded offended.

"That would be a reason for sharks wanting to eat us. We're taking their food from us. What if they could smell it in our cuts?" Tia raised her eyebrows looking stupid just like this dumb-ass question she just asked.

"You stupid as hell for that!" I said laughing. "Ain't shit gon' bite you. If anything yo ass gon' bite the shark with you always biting people and shit."

"I don't just bite PEOPLE. I bite people I know. You said you gon' throw me in there? I'd like to see you try." Tia folded her arms.

"Try? I can definitely accomplish throwin' yo lil ass in the water. Is that a challenge?" I asked her.

"Thought so..." She said about to walk off.

"You're definitely challenging me!" I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder.

"DeVanté, put me down!" Tia screamed.

"Hell, nahh! You told me to throw you in there and that's what I'm about to do to yo ass" I sat her on the slide and pushed her down it.

"Shouldn't be talkin' shit!" Unc yelled out to her laughing and smoking a cigarette.

"DeVanté, I can't-" Before she could even finish her sentence, she was in the water and which got me cracking up.

"NEVER TELL A PERSON THEY WON'T DO SOMETHING!" Courtney yelled four to Tia who was constantly going underwater then back up.

"Is she- is she drowning?" I squinted out to the ocean.