Chapter 50: Come & Blatant Disrespect

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

July 27, 1993

~Tupac's P.O.V~

"I'm not playin' with you Sekyiwa, you not goin' with that boy." I pointed at her. "And that shit is final. So ion wanna hear shit else about it." I told her

"But why? Because you think he's white?" She asked me. "I'm turning eighteen and soon you won't be able to tell me what to do."

"As long as you livin' with me you gon' listen. You can't go because I said so. " I said thinking they'd be my last words on the topic.

"No, you won't listen to me or answer my question truthfully. I'm BARELY here as it is. I'm mostly at aunties house while you're out."  She rolled her eyes at me.

"You too young, that's why. Why couldn't you ask to be wit' a brotha'? Even then I probably would have been more accepting." I told her.

"I'm too young? You were congratulating Kastro and Yak for it and they're younger than me. Plus, do you know how the black boys at school treat me? They treat me like I'm SHIT." My eyes widened at her cursing. "I'm too BLACK, too nappy headed, hair too short, and nose TOO big. The ONLY compliment I EVER get is on my lips and it's ALWAYS sexual! It's a little understanding for other races to mess with me, but for my own people. The ones I'm supposed to call brothers are the most hurtful when they look exactly like me!" Sekyiwa said raising her voice.

I stood up. "Wait a damn minute. You ain't finna be yellin' at me in MY house. Cussin' at that. You out yo got damned mind if that what you thought. Now you can't go nowhere for two weeks." I pointed in her face. "Who said that to you?" I am referring to the name calling.

"It's not like I really go anywhere anyways but follow Kastro and Yaki around when I'm there. Ain't nothin' I wanna do out there anyways." She rolled her eyes at me. "Mama will be out soon so..."

"Well, you go somewhere EVERYDAY for two weeks and not with that boy! Now, who said that shit?" I asked her again.

"He's not even white, he's Asian, and he's not like those other guys at school." She whined.

"He look white though. Who be sayin' that shit to you Sekyiwa? I'm not askin' you again." I warned.

"Did you NOT hear me say the kids at school? Not just the boys but girls too, but MOSTLY boys. They been on me like that since I got here. It ain't easy being me, a dark skinned girl WITH 'nappy' hair." Sekyiwa voice was solemn as she touched her straightened hair.

"I tell you what, imma be at that school tomo afternoon to straighten that shit out. Ain't nobody finna be talkin' about my sister like that." I told her seriously.

Her eye's widened. "NO!"

"No? Why? Them lil motherfuckers need to know who sister they dealin' with." My voice held hostility.

"Well you can but it's summer and nobody's at school. Summer school isn't even in session. There may be some custodians but no children. Plus, that'd be embarrassing. Imagine someone going to your high school. It'll get even worse." She held her hands out in front of her face, expressing herself with her hands.