Chapter 88: Come & Sellin' the Rekets!

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

July 24, 1997

~Tia's P.O.V~

"Hello, Mr. Williams." I shook his hand with my gloved one.

"Hello, Mrs- I forgot it that quick. I'm sorry." He laughed.

"Ms." I corrected him because he used the wrong one. I'm not married or even close to it. "Ms. Andrews is my name, Mr. Williams." I nodded.

"You can call me Otis, Mr. Williams is my father. Might as well since we'll be seeing a lot of each other." He chuckled.

"Will do. It's nice to finally meet in person Mr. Otis." I smiled.

"Yes, yes. Take a seat." He told me, so I sat down on the cushioned chair and he followed suit. "So tell me, what made you interested in telling the story about the Temptations?"

"Well, I've always been into Motown music and The Five Heartbeats film is a slight imitation and admiration to Motown," I explained.

"I see. I do remember that movie and I understand that there were some troubles with that." He squinted.

I cleared my throat. "Yes, sir we did come across quite a few issues that were eventually solved. We had to change some things up because the people ahead of Motown thought it resembled Motown a little too much which I didn't know at the time of writing it." I nodded.

"Yes, so how long have you been a screenwriter? How many biopics have you done in total? I myself only saw the Tina Turner film and then The Five Heartbeats which wasn't really a biopic."

I folded my hands on my thighs. "Tina Turner is the only biopic that I've done so far," I replied. "And I've been a screenwriter all my life in my mind but I professionally started when I was nineteen years old. Straight of high school. The Five Heartbeats was actually my first introduction to it all which is why we ran in so many problems."

"Okay, and by the way that was a great movie. Both of the movies that I mentioned are spectacular. What interests you to do the Tina Turner biopic?" He asked.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I kinda just let things sit at the back of my mind for a while until I get enough courage to go through with it. I did and look what happened." I exhaled softly through my nose with a smile.

"That's good."

I grabbed my tape recorder. "So shall we start this thing up? Are you ready?" I questioned.

Mr. Otis hooded his head at me. "Of course."

I clicked the button on my recorder then looked down at my notepad. "When and where were you born Mr. Otis? How was your upbringing?"

"I was born in Texarkana, Texas on October 30, 1941. Many people don't know this but the last name Williams didn't come about until a little later in my life when my mother got remarried.
Otis Miles Senior is my birth father and I was a junior. Hazel Louise later given the last name Williams as well is my mother. My birth parents split a little after I was born and my mother made the big decision to move up north with her husband, leaving me to be raised by my grandparents. She wanted to settle before moving me up there too. I was a toddler during the time of her decision."