Chapter 20: Come & Confrontation

Please excuse any grammatical errors.

February 13, 1992

~Cedric (K-Ci) Hailey's P.O.V~

"JoJo, go open the fucking door!" I yelled from my room.

I heard him in the kitchen rattling paper like a damn rat, so I knew he was woke. The clock now reads 10:21 a.m. I got up, put on a shirt to see who was here. When I entered the room Tia was entering our apartment, while JoJo held the door open for her.

"I didn't come here to argue or anything, I came here to speak with you woman to man." She said to me.

"Okay, I respect that."

"May is sit?" Tia asked.

I nodded my head toward the couch, and followed suit. This should be good. I rubbed my hands together and sat.

"Okay, first things first. How're you doing?" She asked as an icebreaker.

"I'm cool, I guess." I shrugged.

"That's good to hear." She nodded. "So, I noticed that I've been one of the people brought up in you guys' arguments, why is that?" She asked sitting her elbow on her thigh, staring at me intently.

"Cutting to the chase, huh?" I laughed under my breath.

"There's no other way." She shrugged.

"I-it ain't that I don't like you, I just don't like your personality. You act like you know more than you do, like you better than everybody else." I said to her.

"My personality? I think I'm better than everybody else? K-Ci we don't even know each other well enough to say that my personality is bad. As for me acting like I'm better than anyone else, how do I appear that way?" She asked confused.

"You be talking like a white person."

"What the hell is talking white, and how does that connect with anything you said?" She said squinting with her eyebrows raised.

"White people talk like that, all proper and shit, using them big ass words a lot of people don't know the definition to. Plus I feel like you straying him away from us." I explained.

"I know plenty of black people who use big words, so white people aren't the only ones. You're not making any type of sense right now, K-Ci. So you have a problem with me because I pronounce all my vowels? That's just elementary. I'm not doing ANYTHING to stray him away from ANYBODY. You seem to be the only one who thinks so. Besides, Donald is a GROWN man, that controls his OWN actions." She chuckled, but not in amusement.

"That's what I said, but now that I think about it you and Dalvin right. It does sound dumb, my bad for including you in all 'lat shit. He is a grown man, he do what he want." I apologized.

"Okay, cool. Now that you admit you were wrong about me, do you think you were wrong about how you acted towards Dal and Donald?" She asked me. She called this nigga Donald.💀

"I-"

"Hold that thought. I'm sorry to cut you off, but I have to go, and the rest of whatever you said could be said to them if it's positive." Tia said standing up and picking up her bag.