Chapter 78: Come & Willard Carroll Smith Jr.

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

October 10, 1996

~LaZardia's P.O.V~

"It wasn't everybody's business to know, Yasir. People just keep proving me right but I try to give them the benefit of the doubt." Tia shook her head. "What's next? You're going to tell the whole family, right?" Tia chuckled sarcastically while shaking her head. That question is directed towards me.

"It wasn't everybody's business to know, Yasir. People just keep proving me right but I try to give them the benefit of the doubt." Tia shook her head. "What's next? You're going to tell the whole family, right?" Tia chuckled shaking her head. That question is directed towards me.

Ashari looked at YASIR with pure disappointment. "Yasir, I'm pissed at you myself. You're wrong for this."

"Oh, so you knew too?" I asked Ashari.

"From Yasir, yes. But not from her." Ashari responded.

"Wow." Tia shook her head. "Why am I not surprised? Y'all all just do too much."

This little girl is too much."Do too much? I'm asking you who but you refuse to answer my questions. Who and when did this happen?" I asked her.

"More than you think." She mumbled under her breath, but the room was quiet again so I heard her.

"More than I think? So this wasn't even a one-time thing?" I asked her.

"You can hear me speaking low but couldn't hear what was going on the other side of the thin walls we lived in. Mind you, she wasn't even quiet and can't whisper for crap." She shook her head at me.

"So you blame me and this happened in my house while I was home?"

"It did and no, I'm not blaming you... Well, not entirely, but when your daughter- your child at the time tells you certain things and reacts a certain way to certain situations, you listen. Especially when you or people you're close to that's been in similar or this exact situation." She explained to me. "I still love you though."

"I'm sor-" I cut myself off, stood up, and walked out the room, and went outside to the patio. "This is too much," I mumbled to myself.

I thought I did a pretty good job at trying to avoid that. What puzzled me is that it's someone in the family who did this and I still don't know who it was. I REALLY thought I did something by not havin' men around my children just to find out that someone related to us would do something like that. I've asked her plenty of times and she'd dance around the subject not respond with a no. I feel like I failed as a parent.

I don't know how to feel. Confused? Angry? Upset? All of the above? Upset because I feel as if my daughter expressed this to everybody BUT me. I've always told my children that they can talk to me about anything. This type of stuff needs to be talked about. The majority of the women and girls in this have been touched by family members and now my daughter is added to the list. When will this shit stop? After standing outside for about seven minutes, Daryl came outside interrupting my thoughts.

"Bird, I'm sorry for not telling you about this, but it wasn't my place to tell you. She gave you unintentional hints during some of y'all's conversations y'all had in the past with me as a witness. But at the same time didn't even want you to know because she knew you'd be depressed. God KNOWS she knows how feels. Basically, she wanted you to know but didn't want to tell you or anyone else to tell you."