Chapter 13: Come & Grocery Shop

Please excuse amy grammatical errors.

February 2, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

I was now in a cab on my way to Spike Lee's office. I'm so excited to be doing this. I I'll probably be there for a while since it's a whole script. I brought a contract with me, because I hear about people taking full credit for other people work. Especially people who are young, dumb and innocent ones. This girl right here is far from dumb. That is not about to happen to me Spike Lee or not. I made it to the headquarters in NYC.
(Ik it's actually located in Brooklyn but for the sake of the story it's NYC)

"Hello, I'm Tia Andrews and have a meeting with Mr. Lee." I told the front desk clerk.

"Hello, Ms. Andrews. You can just go straight down that hallway, right there. I'll just inform him that you're on your way up," she pointed then picked up the phone to inform him. I thanked her and headed in the direction. I knocked on the door.

 I knocked on the door

"Come in." I heard. I opened the door with my gloved covered hand, and walked in. It was a nicely decorated room with a two chairs in on the other side. Denzel Washington was sitting in one of the chairs. Hold on, DENZEL!? HE'S ACTUALLY HERE! I didn't know he'd be here TODAY!

"Hello."

"Hello, you can take a seat. How're you doing?" Spike Lee gestured with his hands. I took a seat in front of him, and on the side of Denzel Washington. I shook Spike Lee's hand and then Denzel Washingtons hands.

"I'm fine, and you all?" I asked looking at them both.

"I'm great," Denzel Washington said to me.

"Good." Spike Lee answered back.

I sat my briefcase, and pulled the contract as well as the 'Malcolm X' script out. I had an original for me and a copy for Spike Lee. I sat the contract on his desk, slid it to him, and sat the script on my lap.

"First things first, this is the contract that I want you to sign. My lawyer and I created this document, so it will be able to hold up in ANY court of law." I put it on top of his desk ad slid it to him.

"I'm impressed. You're a smart woman." He said after briefly reading over it.

"Thank you," I replied.

The contract stated that he will not take full credit of my writing, and if her were not to like the script to not take any ideas from this script. It states a few other things as well. My lawyer has a safe copy of the original script, and will be getting one of this contract. He finished reading over it, signed it and slid it back over to me. I looked to check and see if it was his ACTUAL name signed, and it was. I picked the script up from my lap and handed it to him.