Chapter 79: Come & Casper the Friendly Ghost

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

October 25, 1996

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"You all want to know how I proposed?" Muscle Neck asked everyone but was looking at me.

"Nigga, ain't that what I said?" I asked him VERY irritated by the way. Why the fuck he ask the same question I just asked? Make it make sense...

"Don't do that DeVanté because you know dang well that it was a rhetorical question the second time." Tia glanced at me from the corner of her eyes.

I looked at her then turned back to Muscle Neck because I'm highly interested in his answer. "Right. For a guy I only spoke to twice, you sure seem to have some type of animosity. I don't get it. I really don't. Anyways it happened at dinner at night in Gran Canaria, Spain." He started but Tia cut him off.

"So the stars were out. Very romantic." She told us with a smile and I heard Courtney chuckle. "It was very beautiful. He was acting weird throughout the whole trip so I questioned him about it and yeah. I forgot to mention that this occurred on the date of our anniversary. There is where he popped the question and I said yes of course." Tia finished. "I'm sorry babe for cutting you off." She told her personal Muscle Neck boyfriend. "The proposal was blissful." She told us with a chuckled and Courtney laughed as well.

"It was blissful for the both of us." He smiled at her.

"Girl..." Courtney laughed even louder.

I cheesed at her, moving my opened legs in and out. "You're lying," I told her. "You're a good liar to most people but I know you and have for some years now. I know when you're lying and right now you are. Maybe not about everything but you're lying about something."

Tia smiled back at me.. "You don't know me anymore. You said it yourself that I've changed and we've only had a cordial conversation in August for the first time in YEARS. That's how it happened. Believe it or don't."

"Okay..." I nodded with the same expression. "That's your story and you're sticking to it. Alright... I get it." I shrugged. "You should've just let him tell it though because I don't really know him or know when he's lying. Also, to you-" I looked at Muscle Neck. "I don't have any animosity towards you. I just wanna know how my FRIEND was proposed to. Is that a crime?" My eyebrows involuntarily furrowed. My hair was yanked making my head jerk back. Who was the culprit? Tia Jr. "Aye, man..." I tried prying my hair out of his tiny hands.

Tia grabbed him before prying his hands away which caused my head to follow them. "Oh, snap! My bad!" She grabbed his hands.

"Ah, fuck! He got a strong ass grip for a baby!" I said rubbing my tender scalp. That was where I had my stitches from being hit back in '93. I still have a scar on my scalp. (THAT could be ONE of the reasons for him growing his hair out and keeping it. I had a teacher who did the same thing. DeVanté looks good with the hair though. Not many folk can pull it off!)

"I'm sorry. He's just a baby. You okay?" Tia raised her eyebrows with the question. She leaned over to take a look at my scalp.

"Imma be good," I told her. "He got a strong as grip for a baby. What the hell these babies these days gettin' fed? Look like Mini-Me but strong like Hulk."