Chapter 11: Come & Be My Guest

Please excuse any grammatical errors.

February 1, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

I decided to take an evening flight to New York. I had my face slightly covered with, it didn't look out of the ordinary because it was freezing. The COLDEST month in New York right now. I didn't want anyone noticing me, and didn't want a repeat of two days ago in Atlanta. I went to the store for women necessities, and was hounded by a crowd of folks. I'm not used to that, need a security team now. Tia is a woman about security whether its about a bag, or about my safety, and a man if I ever decide to get one...

I now was sporting a pair of prescription glasses. In fact I can see without my glasses but can see BETTER with them on. It's like a filter looking through them. My eyesight hardly bad, I have slight astigmatism in my left eye. As I was nearing the exit I saw a Hispanic mald holding a sign with my name on it. It read "Here for Ms. Tia- Nakea." In the couple of movies I did do I only put Tia N. Andrews, so this had to be someone I knew who put him up to this. So, I walked up to him.

"Excuse me, sir." I said getting his attention then continued, "That's my name."

"Oh, yes. Follow me ma'am." The man, said in his accent.

"What's your name, and who put you up to this?" I asked.

"I'm Jeff (heffé), and I was told not to say ma'am." He trailed off

"Okay..." I said a bit hesitant. I followed him to the exit.

He lead me to an unknown red car with tinted windows. I didn't recognize the car so, I quickly turned on my heels and went the other way. That is, until I heard my name being called. I turned back around to see DeVanté on the side of the car calling me. His calling me got the attention of others. People start coming his way. So, I quickly ran with my suitcase dragging behind me. Well, as best as I could run I had on winter heels, and ice on the ground. People were making their way towards us.

"Thank you sir!" Donald said to Jeff (heffé), quickly got in the car

When I got to the car, I pulled the handle and opened the door. I almost slipped but quickly grabbed onto the handle inside of the car thats near the headrest. I jumped in the passenger side, stuffing the humongous suitcase in front of my legs in a hurry. As I was about to close the door someone held onto it.

"DeVanté, can I get a picture!? My wife would love it!" A male said.

I kicked him with my heeled winter boot. Not hard, but just enough to make him fall back. I slammed the door, and he sped off. DeVanté's fast driving, made suitcase was squishimg my left leg. My right leg was on top of the suitcase and on the dashboard. We had lost the crowd of people by now.

"Ahhh," I winced in pain at the impact.

"I'm sorry. Just put your other leg up," DeVanté suggested looking over to me, then back at the road.

I did what he suggested, but when DeVanté made a quick halt my body slid up. I didn't have on a seatbelt, because I was to in a rush. Strapping my seatbelt in, I pushed my body back to feel somewhat comfortable in this awkward position.

"Why didn't you just tell the man to tell me 'Donald' or 'Mr. DeGrate sent me'?" I asked him.

"I didn't think about it at the time." He said.