Chapter 49: Come & She Takes My Money

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

July 23, 1993

~Cedric (K-Ci) Hailey's P.O.V~

"A'ight man, you go handle 'lat." Biggie said to me and both him and Puffy dapped me up.

"A'ight, K-Ci! Handle yo business pad'na. I heard Dalvin left early. Make sure you tell him my bad for showin' up late." Pac dapped me up last eyeing one of the women that was part of the group that Mary just fought.

"A'ight, see ya playa." I left with a tight grip on a fighting Mary J. Blige.

"Mary, you can't just go swinging on people! How many times do I gotta tell you this shit!? Huh!?" I yanked her because she was trying to go back to where them other girls was at. That's for sure going to start more shit.

"K-Ci, FUCK YOU! You keep fucking around with these bitches thinking I won't do shit about it!" Mary still tried running away to get back at the girls.

"At Dalvin's birthday though? C'mon now. This shit ain't fair to that man. We supposed to be havin' fun and we was until you decided to start wi ne. Dalvin was over there tryna have fun and you fucking shit up for everybody." I yanked her outside to the car.

"I don't give a fuck where we at. If I see somebody CONSTANTLY trying me AND my man, I'm gon' run these hands sooner or later. I'm tired you you and these bitches keep on playin' with me." Mary jerked all the way from me and go in the car and started drinking on her drink she still managed to hold while kicking ass.

"This shit gettin' old real fast Mary." I told her once I got in the car. I'm a little drunk and was before the party. The party just gave me more of a reason to drink. I'm not as drunk as I was but I am able to focus on what I'm doing. "You damn near ruined my buzz." I started the car up and we drove home.

You better believe that the car was everything BUT silent. Mary kept asking me about them broads backs at the studio. She'd get mad and swerve the wheel while I drove down the highway. This bitch is crazy as hell. Not to mention my phone ringing like crazy. Mary thinks it's a girl and it very well might be but that's not the point. We both yelled at each other at the top of our lungs. Everybody know that K-Ci ain't letting shit slide.

"When you sleep with her K-Ci!?" She yelled at me and swerved the car again in between lanes. I moved back in the correct lane.

"You fucking crazy man!" I yelled at her already irritated.

"Answer the phone K-Ci! Answer that bitch that keep callin' you!" She yelled at me.

I was trying to focus on the road due to my intoxication so I continued to ignore the call. From the corner of my eye, I saw Mary scoot up and felt her reach into my pocket to grab my phone. To get my phone she had to reach in my pocket thay was near the door. That means she had to reach over me. When Mary reached over me her head got in the way of my road view. I had to keep moving my head to see the road, all while pushing her out of the way.

"Fuck that, I'm answering it!" She finally had my phone and sat back down. "Who the fuck is this!?" She yelled out off bat when she answered it. "JoJo? I'm sorry. What is it?" She asked him. I could only hear JoJo speak lowly, so much of he said was incoherent to me. "De in the hospital?" Mary's voice softened. "For what?"