Chapter 39: Come & New Year, New Things

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

January 1, 1993

~Dalvin's P.O.V~

"LISTEN!" I yelled out to everyone, tapping silverware against the glass cup. I was standing on a chair. Everybody stopped what they were doing and paid attention to me.

"Alright, '92 was a great year for Jodeci and Uptown Records, but '93 will be an even greater year! Geesh, five awards." I said shaking my head in shock."It's only up from here! TLC too! Tionne... Cheers to a new year!" I held up my glass.

"Cheers!" Everybody yelled clinking their glasses together. I jumped down from the chair without dropping an ounce of my drink.

"Thanks, baby." Tionne said then kissed my lips.

"Mmhm," I mumbled. "You tryna go somewhere and do something?" I smirked at her.

"I'm tryna have some fun on New Years."

"Me too, but I'm talking about another type of fun." I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Tionne looked at me funny. "Boy-"

"Hi, Dalvin." I heard a voice say from behind me.

          I turned around and it was Jaléa, one of my flings. I know I said I'd stop cheating, but I'm a young buck, balls full of nut, and I can't resist a slut with a nice butt willing to give it up. I can't control that, and I'm constantly on the road. A man got needs, and I needs me some pussy.

"Wassup," I greeted her, awkwardly scratching the back of my head.

"That was a good speech you did there." She chuckled. Don't you see me with my girl?

"Uhh, yeah. It was nothing. REALLY." I nodded at her. "Umm, thanks. Have a nice day." I awkwardly smiled.

"Wait, you haven't introduced us." Jaléa said to me while looking at Tionne. Tionne then looked at me.

I started, "This is-"

"Tionne, his girlfriend." Tionne greeted.

"Aww, I was unaware that you had a girl." Jaléa said chuckling. "I'm Jaléa, it's nice to meet you." Jaléa held out her hand for Tionne to shake.

Tionne hesitantly shook her hand, "Yes, he does. It will be three years." Tionne smile.

"You un that girl group TLC, right?" Jaléa asked.

"Yes, how do you know Dalvin here? And for how long?" Tionne asked sipping her drink.

"For a while now, a year. I know him from the tour. I'm a dancer for MC Hammer." Jaléa replied.

"Interesting..." Tionne squinted her eyes at her then at me.

"Yeah, umm, have a nice day now..." I trailed off.

"See you later." Jaléa looked me in the eyes and walked away.

"Later? Why later?" Tionne asked turning to me.