Chapter 36: Come & The Witching Hour

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

September 29, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

"-A stereotype." I cut Donald off offended. "If you can cook, you can cook. No matter what coast or country you're from." I said turning my head at an angle.

"You right. But, I have a question." Donald said smacking on his steak.

"Shoot." I took a sip of water.

"What I wanna know is, how do you squat so long with high heels on?" Donald said throwing his drink back and slamming the glass down. It was a lot of liquor in that cup and he just took that junk to the head. He looked up at me with his head slightly down, raised eyebrows, and his bottom lip in his mouth.

"Boy, what did you just ask- I don't think you need anymore of that." I said about to grab the bottle as he began pouring more of the brown liquid into his cup.

He said as his hand landed on the bottle before mines did. "Aht-aht. You think a nigga drunk? I only had like three shot, I ain't even tipsy."

"You sure?" I chuckled. "Yo behind over here asking some weird ol' questions."

"Weird? In what way? I just asked, how do you squat so long in heels? It's a harmless and simple question."  He said looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Trust me, I know when I'm drunk, and what I drank ain't shit."

"The heel gives you some type of leverage. It's more stable. That's the best way to explain it." I said looking at him then taking a bite of mashed potatoes.

Donald looked at me mid chew. "Good to know. How long are you stayin' up here?"

"I'm only here for three more days. There's nothing for me to do here, since I'm only twenty. My mama and them wanted to come too, which is the ONLY reason I'm staying a little longer than intended." I shrugged.

"Damn, so fuck me right?" He laughed.

"Of course I came here to see you, but y'all are only staying for two more days and y'all are gone."

"A'ight, I'm sure there's something for you to do. It ain't all just ALL Casino's. You know what I'm saying?"

"I do, but where?" I rested my elbow on my crossed legs, and my chin on my hand.

"Shit, ion know. I do grown man shit." He chuckled leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah, and I know exactly what that means." I mumbled.

He was fixing to say something but there was a knock at the door. "I'll be back." He said getting up and going to get the door. I couldn't see the door from where I sat, but I heard the door open. I heard a ladies voice.

"You left so early this morning, and I didn't finish you off like I wanted." I heard the girl say as her heels clicked against the hardwood floor. She was getting closer then she came into view.

She looked at me then behind her at him. "Who she?"

"Who you to be coming in my shit like you own it? What are you doing here?" Donald said with his hands in his pockets.