Chapter 62: Come & Everybody Plays the Fool

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

June 18, 1995

~Taimak's P.O.V~

"Yeah," I said and went upstairs to the room Mrs. Wägner said was the master bedroom. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard Tia say, so I walked in.

"I see you got what you wanted." I said putting her bags aside.

She turned her head to me and responded. "I always get what I want."

"Cocky, are we? I thought we decided that we didn't like cocky." I smirked.

"A little cocky is sexy." She mocked me, wagging her index finger at me.

"Touché. So you're used to being spoiled." I asked her.

"I'm used to spoiling myself because nobody else will do it." She chuckled.

"You should, you worked hard enough. But what if I said that I wouldn't mind pitching in?" I asked.

"Hmmm? Well, you don't have to tell me twice." She said and we laughed together.

"Are all those people your friends?" I asked her.

"No." She shook her head. "My friends are Elijah, Courtney, and Jay. The others were invited by someone else that came." She clarified.

"If those aren't your friends then why are you paying for everything? Why did all those other come?" I asked her curiously.

"Oh, I'm not, Cole pitched in. They doing everything else from here on out for themselves. Besides, we're all in college, and it's hard to balance a healthy income and keeping grades up. I like helping people." She told me. "Plus, I know better than to travel with stone-cold broke people. "Elijah thought a few people should come, and those people invited people."

"That good that you like helping people but sometimes those you help take you for granted and expect you to help them all the time. One of these days, you'll find that out. People expect you to and the moment you decide you don't want to or you can't they turn on you." I told her. "You have to look out for number one. Those people who were invited and invited those others are taking advantage of you and taking you kindness for granted. As long as you allow them to do so, they'll continue."

She nodded at me. "I'm starving, what's a good place to go?"

"Oh, I got a good place, but shouldn't we ask the other so there's an agreement?" I asked her.

"Yes. Come..." She said motioning me towards the door with her finger.

We went downstairs where everybody was now at. They were talking quite loud and I'm pretty sure they're near each other. Tia and I followed their voices and they were in the kitchen. This is a very nice and spacious kitchen.

"Are you all hungry?" Tia asked them but she was talking too low for them to hear. She even spoke too low for me to hear and I'm next to her.

"Y'all hungry?" I spoke with my hands cuffed around my mouth. They stopped talking.

"Hell, yeah!" A male voice yelled. I can't distinguish who's voice it was.