Chapter 14: Come & Be Honest

Please excuse any grammatical errors.

February 3, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

"I made you some food." I said jumping inside Tupac's car. I made it last night for dinner.

Tupac grabbed the two plates out my hands, "Thank you." He said in a low voice.

"You're welcome. You good?" I replied as he opened one of the foam containers.

"Oh, shit! Thanksgiving came early this year," Tupac exclaimed, with widened eyes, completely ignoring my question.

"You got the sweet potatoes, baked macaroni, the greens, cornbread, dressing and some fried chicken. Okay, you hooked it up. Thanks babygirl." He covered the first one up, and opened the other one.

"And, some banana pudding!" He said, then covered the other one reached back, and placed it on the backseat.

He turned back around and hugged me. "Thanks babygirl."

"You're welcome. DeVanté and Dalvin said the same thing." I hugged him and pulled back.

"You didn't even answer my question." I strapped myself in.

"What question?" He asked.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit down." I asked turning to face him.

"I'll get back to you on that. You good? You ain't answer that same question the other day." He said looking at me biting his dry lips, attempting to get the dead skin off.

"I'm going to be good, after a while. I'm focused on my work right now." I truthfully responded.

"Work, work, work. That's all you do. You need to focus on your well-being sometimes. You feel me?"

"Mmhm, I know. I will get therapy, sooner or later. When I'm not working. I promise I will, okay?"

"A'ight, then." He pulled off. "I need to stop at the studio right quick to grab my lyrics, ion want nobody taking credit of my shit."

I nodded my head at him, then focused on Marvin Gaye's 'What's Going On' softly playing on the radio. Tupac finally pulls up to the same studio I saw him at, and the Jodeci clan goes to.

"Imma be real quick." He said and got out the car. He left the keys inside the ignition. So, the music was still playing, and the heat was still on.

"Alright." I replied. So, I waited... I waited... I waited... and I waited... I waited for about thirty-five minutes. Then, I finally spotted him walking out with a dude that looks like he shops in the big and tall section of the department store, and a smaller guy who was about Tupac's height.

Tupac opened the drivers side door. "A'ight imma catch yo fat ass later, you too chump," he dapped them up and sat down in the car and closed it.

"So, screw me right?" I asked him.

"My bad, babygirl. I was trying hurry back but I ran into those fools. They kept me in a looonnng conversation, that I didn't know how to get out of. Ya feel me?"