Chapter 51: Come & He Went To Jared!

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

August 7, 1993

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

Everything has been good since the accident. Well, except for this grimy label Jodeci is signed to. It's only been a few days since then but I'm feeling physically better and in the process of looking for another house in another neighborhood. This time I ain't inviting people over on the regular. Only people coming is family, CLOSE friends and the people under MY label. Everything except the label that I'm signed over is good. Dalvin brought the label situation to my attention and when I looked through the copy of our contract, I saw that we wasn't getting all the money we are supposed to get.

Long story short, we signed a bad contract. At the time we was just some hungry, young brothers trying to get signed to a label. We didn't even think about people cheating us. The bad part about it is that we can't even leave. Jodeci has some years to go, according to the contract. The whole contract is phony. I sat the contract down on the table and rubbed my face in frustration.

Everything is just about in shits. This fucking head injury be egging on my migraines, the label I'm under, these sexual assault charges, gun violation charges, and this fucking relationship. Everything is hitting me all at once. I recently just found out a whole lot of shit I should've knew from jump. This- excuse my french- bitch is phony as hell too.

Lady don't do shit but shop and fuck. One thing she can do is give good head, it's the best I ever got besides that one toothless chick. I'm not complaining about the last part but she don't cook, clean, dumb as hell, sleep, and bug me when I'm aeay from her. I'm fed up, she don't do shit that benefits me but give me head and any woman can do that. I can't even have a real conversation with her.  I'm just tired of this whole thing. I just hope that I don't go to jail for these pending charges.

"DeVanté, lets go shopping." Lady came in, sat down next to me, and rubbed my chest.

I shook my head at her. "Nahh, uhh- me and the fellas got some business to handle." I looked up at her.

"Is it more important than me?" She asked giving me slight attitude.

"You went the other day and got a lot of shit and didn't I just say-" My eyebrows furrowed in irritation. Is she serious right now? "You can go..." I motioned to the door with my head. I'm tired of her anyways.

"Okay, I'll go ALONE, but give me your card." She held out her hand.

"Yo De, we got some new tracks to show you-" Missy came into the room halting what I was about to say.

"I'll be there in a minute." I told her and she walked out. Once Melissa left, I turned back to Lady. "No, I mean you can step. Poof! BE GONE! This shit ain't working out. You asking me is what I'm supposed to be doing more inportant than you but you actin' like shoppin' and shit more important than me." I shook my head at her.

"If it's about-" she started but I cut her off.

"It ain't about whatever you saying. This shit is about YOU. I'm ti'de and I'm done with this. It just ain't working. I just can't take this shit no mo'. I got a lot of shit goin' on and you know it. You standing here talking about goin' shopping. Nahh." I sat up with my elbows on my knees.