46. Coax

Third Person

"Are you sure you don't want to come with you?" Piercing green eyes, stared down at light blue ones, his arms snaking their way around her waist.

"No," she giggled, "you have a meeting to go to. I think I can handle being with them on my own for one day," light blue shifted into a teal color, sparkling as they stared back at him.

"But I want to spend time with you," he whined as his irises morphing into a sheer gray. She wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling at his comment. With the time they had spent together, their friendship had flourished and their relationship hadn't change any of it.

"Ry, you don't have worry about me. Seriously, I can take care of myself," she mentioned. Ryder who couldn't fathom that he had her, he finally had her, leaned in so that their foreheads touched. Closing his eyes, he breathed in her aroma, the same aroma he had gotten use to. She was in his arms.

"I know you can," he sighed, his once closed eyes opened, their eyes centimeters from each other, "I just want to spend time with you. You're going to get busy soon... I didn't even get to see you yesterday. You spent the whole day with them." Ryder pressed his lips on her forehead, and then again on the bridge of her nose. His words weren't out of jealousy. He cared little to nothing about those boys. What he was afraid of was that she would recall certain memories and possibly blackout anywhere without his aid.

"I will make time for you," she watched him carefully and shyly added,"for us." Hearing those words come out of her mouth, Ryder couldn't resist kissing her. He didn't want the kiss to be rough or rash, so kissed her lips lightly not pressing for any other action. Camila not yet use to his kisses, surprised, took a moment to before she returned the gesture. She enjoyed the feeling of being wrapped up in her frozen moments. It was times like those she knew she could deal with not having her memory.

"I have to go," Ryder murmured, his lips moving, skimming the edges of her lips, "if you need anything, call me." He wasn't afraid of leaving her helpless. He wasn't worried that she lose herself. What made him not want to leave her was the imminent talk that came with his meeting. Simon had texted him in the morning requesting his presence. He dreading going anywhere near Simon, especially if that meant leaving Camila open to anyone else under Simon's control.

"Don't worry, if anything comes up, you'll be the first one to know." She gave him a quick kiss before she let herself be wrapped fully in his arms, her face in his chest, letting her body delight in his comfort.

"Of course, I'll make sure my secretary makes your call her first priority," Ryder joked, grinning foolishly. Camila laughed. Those were the moments they shared. Moments where they poured their hearts out and moments where they could laugh. The balance she needed.

"Okay, see you at," she fell silent. She didn't know if he was coming back from his meeting. As far as she knew, the meeting could make him leave her that same day without warning.

"I'll be back no later then tonight," Ryder assured her. She nodded. He smiled.

"Bye," Ryder gave her a quick chaste kiss on her forehead. He turned around walking away but not before she grabbed him by his wrist.

"Don't say bye... it's see you later," she claimed and he nodded.

"See you later, Mila," he said. His green irises returning to their brown hue. She watched him as he left her in their room. Her thoughts turning over and over in her mind. Ryder had become a great part of her new life, and its affect hadn't hit her until now. She was attaining new friendships but one like Ryder's wouldn't be so easy to come by. She ruminated in her thoughts and time passed by her. A light knock on her door broke the trance she dwelled in.