26. Challenge

Ryder

"You drank from him?" Sitting on the quite comfortable sofa, just hearing those words coming out of him, made a smirk inevitable.

"Blaine I swear to God-" Camila ignored the question thrown at her and stood in front of me, anger as evident as my current amusement, "ugh,  do you think this is some stupid game? You scared the sh*t out of me. I can't control myself and you just throw yourself at the chance. Do you want to die because of me?" My smirk was wiped away as I watched her. Her blue green eyes flashing briefly a light hazel. She wasn't mad at me for helping her or even mad at the fact that she drank my blood. She was scared to the bone that she was aroused by it- that she wouldn't have stopped herself.

"Mila..." Camila wouldn't look at me anymore as she stood before me. Her eyes always wandered elsewhere.

"Mila, you wouldn't kill me. I know you wouldn't have." I tugged her wrist, trying to get her full attention but she was stubborn.

"Camila, I didn't know what else to do then give you my blood. I couldn't see you convulse in pain while I tried to think of some other way to help." I tried to get her to understand- get her to stop blaming herself- stop being afraid.

"I- I- I just- I-" she tripped over her words and I managed to pull her down on the empty spot beside me.

"You drank from him?" The same stupid question was uttered and I rolled my eyes. This time however a response was given.

"He thought it would help," Camila said it flatly. She sat there beside me, raveled in her thought, rattled by them.

"You f*cking made her drink from you. You bloody want to mate her," his moves were already pre-determined and I knew where it was all leading. I refused to intimidated.

"I'd advise you to let go of me, my shirt was just ironed," I stared at him amused by his actions. He nose flared and his eyes were gradually shifting between two shades of color, not once settling in the inbetween.

"You f*cking don't even care about her do you," he put force as he pushed me aside. I stumble a few feet more than necessary but I put enough space between us as a precautionary cause.

"Cam, talk to me. Do you feel different?" He paced back and forth letting out steam before he kneeled before Camila. I watched him intently. I took note of everything. From the way his hand immediately took hold of hers. How he tried to get her to look at him. The way Camila tried to ignore him but ultimately failing, her eyes connecting with his eminent stare.

"No, I-" Camila couldn't speak under his stare. She tore her eyes away from him letting them wander off and falling on me. In that insignificant gesture, I saw it.

"Camila and I have important things to discuss," I began and cold eyes snapped towards me. Camila smiled weakly as she pried herself out from being between him. As she walked towards me, I watched as he clenched his fingers.

"Are you ready?" I asked Camila who stood in her pajamas. She looked down at her clothing and flashed out of the living room without a word.

"I have no need to force Camila to be my mate. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement," I stated and I waited for the vampire to launch himself at me.

"She won't mate you," he kept to his spot. I raised an eyebrow to his statement. He was so sure of himself.

"I wouldn't be so sure pop star. There's much of a greater shot for her to pick me as her mate than for her to even think of you as an option." I chuckled at his obvious jealousy.

"I live with Camila." He noted. I rolled my eyes as his stupid remark.

"Whatever let's you sleep at night vampire-"

"Ready." Camila flashed in, standing on inches away from me. Her long red hair loose, draped around her shoulders. Her turquoise dress making her green blue eyes stand out more.

"Um...Ryder? Ryder." Camila waved her hand in front of my face.

"Oh. Right. You look beautiful." I complimented her and her eyes just sparkled in response.  I offered her my arm and we made our way around the speechless vampire.

The elevator doors opened, Camila walking in first.

"See you around...Niall." I didn't hide my smirk. It was so easy to mess with him. The satisfaction of it was too hard to contain. Apparently he was more blind than I thought because he didn't see how trandpersnt he was.  He didn't realize that he had no control over his emotions. Sooner than later he was going to break havoc.

***

It was short. I know. I just needed this moment to happen.  I realize some of you might have wanted me to indulge in the Ryder and Niall rivalry so I did. Oh and to you sleuths out there- I gave something out. Let's see who can put some more pieces together. :)