55. Fortuna

Third Person

There was trouble looming closer and only a select few could sense the unfortunate events that would unravel. There were thoughts that began to form and latch onto other thoughts infiltrating the mind until it was all he could think of. Ignorance was said to be bliss and now he understood why. His thoughts were haunting him and the more he knew, the more he connected the thoughts the less he wished he knew. He couldn't believe his own mind and how it cold concoct such ideas. It was his imagination he tried to convince himself. It was all a fantasy. Still he knew very well what he did know and what he didn't and the evidence as well as the facts were lining up. He just needed that reassurance that he was on the right path and it wasn't in fact his own mind turning on. Maybe the other vampire had been right, insanity was in fact contagious.

"Can Camila stay with you tonight?" The words had left his mouth before he could give his question a second thought. Once he recognized that he had spoken those words aloud he didn't even seem to care any more. He knew that he wouldn't worry as much if she stood here with them while he was away. As long as she was safe, his mind would be a peace while he went off to finish what he had started.

"Do you plan on leaving?" The other vampire responded. Still stuck in his thoughts he mumbled obscenities under his breath. He was doing it again. He was getting himself into things that didn't involve him. Or did it? He loved her. She loved him. Therefore it involved him or so he he tried to exempt himself of the guilt that tried find place in his mind.

"Will Camila be safe if I leave her in your care?" He had no need to explain himself to the other vampire the less he knew about his doings the better. It was one thing that he was risking his own life and if he got caught probably endangering his beloved. But he wasn't going to risk having the ignorant vampire cause any other disruptions in his plans. All he wanted was a simple answer so he could leave in knowing he didn't have to worry for his girlfriend's safety.

"Yes," the other vampire sighed frustrated, "but what am I going to explain to Camila when she wakes-" he was interrupted by the vampire who's urgency to leave was becoming more visible the longer he stood in the hotel. He walked away from the other vampire without even caring to give an explanation.

"Ryder! What the hell is so urgent that you're leaving Camila under our care? What's so important that yo're leaving us to care for Louis alone? Please enlightened me because I don't understand what's going on." The other vampire grabbed the other by the shoulder firmly expecting to get a response that would satisfy him.

"Payne, if I were you I would leave certain things alone. I have things I have to do and I don't know how long I will take. Things just came up and I can't push them aside any further. If Camila asks tell her that I'm sorry that I left so suddenly. Tell her that there were urgent things I had to take care of..." Ryder shrugged off Liam's grip on his right shoulder, taking a step forward, back still facing the brunette vampire who was even more confused than ever before.

"Tell her that I love her." Ryder turned his head, so he could give Liam a stern look, to show him that there was no more questioning him. Liam stared back at Ryder, examining him carefully and he caught a glimpse of despair in Ryder's eyes that he was putting all his effort to hide. Liam soon understood that there was an underlying meaning of Ryder's last words for the red hair in his suite. Where ever Ryder was heading, he was uncertain that he was coming back.

"I'll tell her what ever you want me to tell her. But what ever your in— whatever you're up to, it'll help if you talk to someone about it." Liam was only trying to help. Ryder knew that too. It was already too much that he was still standing outside in the hallway wasting precious time.

"I know the things that are putting lives at risk. I should have stayed away. I should have done a lot of things. But, I didn't. Now I know the truth. The truth is Liam, there are things people should never know. There are things that would kill you if you knew of them. There are things that would make anyone lose them-self. If what I know is true I need to fix it. She can't live on like this. She shouldn't be lied to like this..." He took a quick breather.

"Who's lying to her?"

"The man who calls himself your Uncle. If he treats you all so dearly and manages to lie to you like that. Just imagine if he didn't care for you as he did. I don't like that I had to find out things the way I did. But I'm going to make this right." Ryder watched Liam transfer all the information in. He had spoken too much already but he had to say a few things before he left. Probably not ever come back if he succeeded.

"Liam, with what Harry said, if what he says is true and Camila is your mate. I don't think Camila just lost her memory. I don't think she's who she thinks she is. I think Louis is getting to something because I think Camila is Kenzie." With that he rushed off into the open space, seeding the last bit of doubt in Liam's head. Ryder had done in confessing the last bit of information he had yet to prove. However, if he did not make it back, if he was forced to leave at least he had un-blinded the vampires who thought they had found the ultimate truth. His heart was filled with pain when realization hit him. Camila was Kenzie. Camila's mate wasn't dead. Kenzie wasn't dead. They were both pretty much alive and he was one factor keeping them apart.

A wave of anger flushed through him, wave after wave. That was why he was in this situation. He was just playing a role Simon wanted him to play. He was suppose to have been the detail that would have kept Camila from trying any harder in recuperation her old life back. Because what was the purpose of remembering her old life if she had the prefect present. If she had him. He had been used once again. He let himself be used once more. His role was nothing more than a lie. Simon hadn't tried to help him. Simon was helping himself. There was nothing new there. Ryder should have sensed it. When did anyone truly want to help him out of the goodness of their heart. When would he ever get his happy ending.

****

 Comment, please. Love to hear from you.