57. The King

Third Person

Unforeseen circumstances had risen and it was about time they had. Not a thing on this godforsaken world was permanent, every thing was mutable— eradicable. Everything had its start and its end. Matias was well aware of it. A being such like him should have been prepared for it. Nonetheless, Matias paced back and forth, marking his journey with a mess. Matias knew wielding the magic he possessed came with a very high price. That had been crystal clear from the first time he had lived with consequences. But now, the magic he had procured had wandered off and evolved on its own, magnifying itself. A higher price had to be paid. The magic that was requested from him had done its job. It had enraptured all consciousness of the human and locked it away from her. However, Fate had used him, made him but a pawn this time. Matias had not been the one making the moves this time around. Fate had influenced him to help the old vampire letting him see just about what was enough for them to let him see. They had tricked the trickster and everything now was out of his hands. Matias was no longer in control.

"Mat, my friend, I think you should conjure up a maid, quite the mess you carry here," a man who appeared everything but his real age strode into the sorcerers abode, letting himself in. His steps were light, there was a a grace to his pace as he walked around the mess Matias had made in his state. The ginger trickster, to consumed in his thoughts, mumbling incoherent things to himself, looked up from the book he held in his hands, his eyes looking at the vampire before him.

"You shouldn't be here," Matias spoke coldly. The vampire rolled his eyes, ignoring the cold stare he was getting from the ginger. He took a quick look around from where he stood and wandered off towards the amethyst table were various of valuable items lied there broken. He examined each and every one of them.

"Get out." Matias hissed at the vampire. The book in his hand fell to the floor, the sound of the impact echoing as he walked after the curious vampire.

"Here I thought you'd like the idea of me giving you a friendly visit." The vampire held a broke glass gauntlet, stained with what his nose recognized to be animal blood. He looked around for the other pieces of the gauntlet following the revolting smell, his eyes taking note of the many other ingredients scattered about as well.

"What do you want?" It urged Matias for the vampire to leave. If he was going to fix any of it, if he was planning to get the reigns of the disaster he had unleashed he had to get him to leave now. If the vampire stood any longer many lives were at stake, his had already slipped past his fingers.

"I want nothing from you, Matthew. I was in the neighborhood and thought I just pay my millennial old friend a visit." Matias cringed at the sound of his real name. So much time had passed and he had imagined his original name had been lost with it. But what more could he expect, especially after his current revelation. He shouldn't have been shocked or affected by the simple utter of the name.

"I don't have time for your games, Simon," Matias muttered, not taking Simon's bait," Tell me what you're really here for and leave." Simon was taken by surprise seeing that the ginger for the first time hadn't given into Simon's remark.

"Shouldn't you know why I am here," Simon retorted trying to get Matias to react. But Matias just sighed. The effort to look was to tiring for Matias who had no energy left in him, nor the will to look fearing that Fate would show him a greater nightmare.

"I have other things to do Simon. Either tell me what you need now or I'll make you leave," Matias bluffed. He had no energy in himself to force Simon to leave or else he would have long time ago but he wasn't going to tell Simon that. It was an empty threat but what did it matter.