59. The Fall

Third Person

Grey eyes watched— contemplated on the sight that was created by none other than the girl he so loved. She sat on he blackest marble bench, her fingers perched on the black and white keys of the grand piano that stood before her. Her voice filled his ears— it was all he could hear. She was all he could see. He was still entranced by her, consumed by her mere presence as he stood thirty feet away from her, behind the cloak of the violet velvet curtain that separated her from everyone backstage. There was peace as he stood there, immobilized by will.

This was what they accorded. She would set foot on the stage she was now standing on and he would patiently await for her at the very spot he waited for the past weeks. He was the first thing she wanted to see as she ran from the crowds who had formed to see her. A smile formed on his lips as the thought of it. They loved each other very much. Yet, somehow there was this pinching feeling in the back of his mind that haunted him. It perilously reminded him of his past loss and near future.

"Blaine. Liam needs to talk to you." A voice interrupted his thoughts, tearing his attention away from his beloved. The blustering screams of the audience filling his ears. He grimaced, letting his grip falter on the curtain, swiveling around to direct his attention on the intruder.

"Tell him I'll talk to him later." His words were straight to the point, his stance given them an emphasis. As quick as he had given the intruder his attention, he returned his attention to the red head his eyes had grown to familiarize themselves with. But his words had failed to faze the messenger.

"No. Now." The messenger was stern. Much like the boy who stood before him, he did not want to be here talking to him, wasting his time. There location was no site for the conversation they would soon have despite the minor complications at the moment. The brunette didn't make a move at his tone. He stood there, peering between the curtains watching the girl.

"She'll be fine." He assured the brunette. He sighed. He couldn't help but have a bit of sympathy with the boy. He knew the feeling. He knew that sensation of having that one person, who you couldn't dare to break apart not even for a few minutes. That was what love did. He knew it too well. If he would let himself be selfish enough, they both felt the same things for the very same girl. But for once he wasn't being selfish, not entirely. That was why he was happy with what he had. He had the girl and there were no complications or what-ifs. Or so he made sure to convince himself.

"I-I" The other boy looked away from the girl for a few seconds. The raven haired boy who stood beside him a partial smile, placing his hand on the others shoulder for reassurance.

"Ryder, you'll be back before she even notices you were even gone." Ryder let the curtain go in defeat. He wasn't going to be left alone until he caved.

"Alright, lead the way Malik." He wave his hand in a side motion. Zayn who had let his feelings surface quickly hid it all. There was no way he would do that again. Here he was trying to be civil, trying to act sympathetic, and what did he get in return, the vampires taunting words. With a blank expression he lead the way back to his dressing room. He didn't wait for the other to follow. It wasn't long until Zayn and Ryder both lingered outside the boys dressing room. Zayn by nature walked in without a knock to forewarn the others. He simply walked in without a word.

Noticing that Ryder had not taken a step inside, Zayn mocked the other. "Do you need a proper invitation?" Ryder at the sound of the taunt, he couldn't help himself to cherish in the mischievous side in himself. Before all these low conversations, he had been out to unnerved them all. He was set to enjoy his time ticking them off. But things had changed— not that dramatically of course. There was still some hostilities between them or some of them for that matter.