11. Meddling

Simon

Matias words kept thrashing around in my mind, completely making my pre-planned plans disappear in less than seconds. As much as I tried to focus my thoughts on the next steps, one word would always bring me right back to the subject at matter— her. It had not been my desire to have her become what she is now, vampire. It had all spiral out of control after she offered to save Niall. She had relinquished much of her life energy, all flowing into Niall to revive the broken lad. However, the cause of his pain had all derived from his strong need for her. She had been the cause of Niall's near death experience and he had been the cause of her death— the death of my dear Mackenzie. She was dead, she was no more. 

Here I was, standing alone, slowly ascending in elevator headed towards their new set up flat, a whole floor to theirselves. It had to be done, it had been the easiest way to keep them at hand. They were all in one place, all ready for my disposition. I wouldn't have to worry about anything like Matias thought. The lads couldn't possibly interfere with my plans because I had planned all of this perfectly fine, to the smallest detail. Everything was thought of ever since she  had been turned. I shiver at the thought of all I had done to not permit her to turn into one of us. I knew she never wanted the life we had, she had not gotten accustomed to us but she had tried momentarily for the sakes of the boys. Now she was possibly in her new flat with the boys and Blaine if he had done as I had asked him to. 

I stared at the numbers above the elevator door— twenty seven, how much slower could it go? I was not in a hurry to get to the flat, but Matias tainting thoughts would not quit picking at my mind. What if Blaine had not gotten there at time and memories began to trickle down? How would I explain it to her? What new stories would I have to make up?

"Uncle Simon, after I do what I have to do, Niall will be okay?" I remembered how she looked at me with her hazel eyes feeled with tears when I explained to her how Niall was only minutes away from dying. She sat there in the car seat, thinking, breathing, watching my reactions. I remembered telling her he would be fine if she just got up from her seat, out of the car and walked into the hotel where they were located at and did what she was suppose to do. 

"Thank you Uncle Si, but before I go do what I have to do, can I ask for a favor?" She had by then gotten out of the car and was staring at me, as if I was the only hope she had. Maybe I had been and maybe I had not. If I had known that things would have turned out the way they had, maybe I would have changed my tactic. I could have saved the boy myself, but I had not.

I recalled telling her I would do anything for her and she had just smiled. But her smile had sadness as it's origin. It was like she had a sixth sense about these things because the words that had come out of her mouth the moment after came at me more of surprise.

"I want to forget."  After she had said those four words, I was confused yet, I knew what she meant. 

"Uncle Si, after today, I want you to help me forget. I know you can find some way. But I want to forget everything that happens today. I don't want to know about any of this. I don't want to remember what they are," she had said before she ran off into the hotel before she could drown in tears. She could never get over the fact they were vampires, we were vampires. It was in her expressions when she spoke of them, it was one of disgust. If it weren't for the fact that the young lad was dying she would have kept away. She was a girl of pure heart, and sadly she had been marked and tainted. Fate had not been easy on her at all, for she became the last thing she wanted to be. However, I kept my word. It may have been that she may have thought she would continue to live and just wanted to forget the boys in general. Or she could sense her life was coming to an end— I kept my word. She would never remember who she was. It was my promise to her, it was my last gift to her.