56. The Wheel

~"Everything that goes up must come down..."~

Third Person

Like many things in life, there was both a beginning and end. He had lived life as a human and though he had achieve everything he would have wanted as a human, in its sense it had been perfect. Then he became a vampire. He had assumed that life as a creature that defied in every sense what nature wanted, meant that he could do with his life what he wanted. And he had.

He spent years making nothing of himself. He did with his body as he wished for he had nothing to worry about. There were days he'd purposely put off drinking his dosage of blood, directing the pain and morphing it into something more sinister, in a darkly high. Those were the nights he spent preying on the humans who made the dark alleys their home and feasted on them without worry, because they were society's aberration.

A shudder went through him as he continue to make his way through the busy streets of the city. The rush of wind carved his body, flicking his dark locks back, away from his face, his eyes holding onto the light shade of blue he was fond of. His story for so long had been his own and over his life time several people had become part of his story- several people had learned about points, fragments of his life. No one knew of the big picture. He pretended there was not a big picture. But there was and he imagined that only one other person knew of it.

His days as a normal vampire, or as normal as a vampire could be among his own were counted. Like said, he was a clueless vampire and he had not realized that his kind had a hierarchy they were bound to. A hierarchy that watched their every move and if they were of their interest, they were pooled into their plans. They were the reason he had become a vampire. They were the reason he had been morphed into a Hetero. He had been summoned and he was obliged to show his presence. The power of the Elders was beyond those vampires he had seen take measly humans and make them into their minions. They could make anyone vampire or human do their bidding with just the utter of one word.

He had been their lackey for centuries. He ran many of their errands. Most of them being tracking the next human to turn. But being so close to the Elders had given him an opportunity to gain much knowledge of things no other vampire could possibly ever learn on their own. There were secrets he due to his position had gain entrance to. However, there was a downfall to his job. Something that wasn't part of his job description. Throughout the years he had spent with the old hags, they had been experimenting on him. He had not even thought to think of them as a threat. They had been there for him, when his heart had shattered when he had grown cognizant of the word mate. They had taken his weakness and they had put him down. Using the moment to turn him into a Hetero.

From human, to vampire , to Hetero. He had been turned to an aberration within his kind. He was a vampire who's blood was tainted, altered by magic. The Elders had succeeded after their various attempts with various subjects. They had helped him regain his memory or what they had thought was best for him to remember. Turning a vampire to a Hetero, a vampire that could live on without ever shattering their heart, a vampire who live on finding a new potential mate. He was infected and many who knew of his condition pushed him away. The Elders hadn't and he continued to live on with their care until he secretly regained his memory and recalled everything he knew. They had staged everything. They had his first mate killed. They had taken his outbreak as their opportunity to take the final step in turning him into something else. They had managed to get their hands on magic, they had drained a trickster dry and drained him dry until they thought fit and had a blood transfusion.

"Ryder, pleasure to have you in my humble home." Ryder stood on the door steps of a home he was vaguely familiar with. It was unnatural for him to seek help from people like him. But what did he care. He was unnatural. Ryder stared down at the red head with the crooked grin before him. His childish green eyes churning with blues returned the gaze, not caring to be discrete.