23. Down That Lane

Camila

For the past two weeks, this was the first time I woke up and did not have anything to do. I was not allowed to walk out of this vicinity without permission-- much like my roommates unless I wanted to meet the same end of unconsciousness, I had met two days ago. Ryder, was out for the day, he had a last minute call for a role in an upcoming movie and he had to go. Which ruin the plans for today's new episode of Let's find out more about Camila. 

"What the hell am I suppose to do with myself today, stuck in here with them," I muttered as I stretched out on my bed, pushing the duvet over the edge of my bed. Not a thing came to mind but keeping myself hauled in my own room for the rest of the day. I couldn't possible go out into the living room and enjoy the comfort of being in it without the sloth of Zayn sitting there as well. Just being a six meter radius from him, was a one way ticket down to the abyss. 

"To hell with it," I continued to speak to myself. In one way or another I felt like talking to myself was a method in trying to regain some sort of communication with my old self, whoever she really was. I got up from my comfortable position on my bed and stalked towarsd my closet, blindingly picking anything at hand which ended up being regular jeans and a t-shirt I borrowed from Ryder from our day out at his apartment cooking. 

After a quick shower, an some body maintance, I changed into my clothes making my way out of the security and pleasant atmosphere of my room and out into the hallway. Walking down the hallway was easy especially not bumping into any of them. As the hallway shifted into the living area, my sense decalibrated. My eyes began to burn and my throat felt dry and irritated. I had missed my daily in take of blood Ryder usually supplied me with. I tried to dash towards the supply of blood hidding in kitchen and I managed just to stagger in and fall onto my knees right before it. I had never once missed my drink of blood, until now. 

"Help," I choked out. I mustered all the energy in my body to just lift my arm up and it did no good. My arm barely scraped the handle. How was it possible that I was so weak? I hadn't prelonged the intake by so long. The more I laid there on the tiled ground of the kitchen, the more I felt energy flee from my body. 

"Help-" my voice came out to barely a whisper. I had been so worried about being around them I had forgotten about me. As I felt myself weaken, I felt a pulsing sensation deep in my core. I felt it calling for me to come to it. I was just in the brink of letting myself succumb to it, in my necessity. But Ryder's words echoed in my mind, "Never fall to your beast Mila, never you hear me."

I growl crawled up my throat and I let my head rest on the ground. How stupid had it been for me to do this to myself? My body trembled and fangs ached as they skimmed my bottom lip. It wanted blood. It needed it. 

"Camila! What do you-" I had heard him appraoched before he had even spoken. It had taken him only a brief moment from the minute he had stepped out of his room to notice there was something wrong. Now here he was, his eyes scanned me completely before they landed on my eyes. I tried hard to control myself, to keep in touch with my humanity. But I also fought the idea that letting go would heal this wretched need and weak state and get access to blood. Just the thought of blood, caused all of my senses to latch on the nearest thing that contain what I need- him. 

"Camila...Camila look at me," a finger turned my focus from the sound of fresh blood that ran through his body to his eyes. His eyes required all my attention. 

"You need blood...I'm going to give you some, but you have to keep yourself together," his words were like music to my ears and I nodded stupidly. However, he just continued to watch me carefully, afraid that once he pulled out the supply of blood I would go rogue.