39. Baby

• Dedicated to for everyone still reading this...

Third Person

"Do you want to meet Ryder, Lux?" Camila asked the little blonde girl in her arms as they walked towards Camila's room. The little girl had become silent, watching Camila as she spoke- the little girl trying to understand why the girl before her seemed different with her.

"I think he'll love to meet you, baby," Camila tried her best not to coo at the child when she spoke to her. The baby continue to just stare up at her, examining her in entirety. As they both reached the door, Camila opened the door slowly make sure the room was baby decent. Once she poked her head and took a quick scan of the room, she walked in with Lux.

"Mila...don't forget you need to drink--" Ryder stopped abruptly as he took notice of the little girl in Camila's arms. He exchange glances between Camila and Lux. 

"Who is this beautiful little girl?" Ryder asked as he got closer, extending his finger so that he could shake the toddlers hand. Lux, who stared at the fingure slowly grabbed the finger, curious to see what the man wanted. As she took hold the hand, she let the warmth touch that she could only recognize go through her body and she giggled. Camila couldn't help but smile to see that the baby girl was fond of Ryder. 

"Her name is Lux. Lux this is Ryder...my, uh," Camila fumbled with her words. She didn't know what exactly to call Ryder. She didn't want impose so early. This whole thing was new to her too.

"I'm her boyfriend. It's really nice to meet you, young lady." Ryder said and Camila looked at Ryder who gave her a brief smile before he continued to play with the little girl in her arms. Lux continued to giggle and babble as she played with Ryder. 

"Please tell me you didn't just remember that you had a child in your...past," Ryder didn't look at Camila as he said that. Camila grabbed one of his hands away from Lux, grabbing his attention.

"She's not mine, despite how cute she is. She's Lou's." Ryder exhaled in relief and chuckled.

"Louis? Wow, I didn't think-" Camila interrupted.

"No not Louis'. God no. It's Lou's our stylist." Camila corrected and Ryder oh-ed. 

"Alright c'mon settle the girl down on the bed, I think she wants some space to stretch out on," Ryder noted and Camila nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Since your hands seem full at the moment, I'll go get your drink," Ryder said without hearing Camila's response. Ryder disappeared into the living room of their suite and grabbed the bag Simon had seen to getting it in their luggage. Ryder kept his senses in top shape, making sure no one could see his doing.

"Ryder, do you think baby vampires, would also like a drink?" Ryder heard Camila ask from the bedroom and he stopped for a moment.

"Baby vampires?" He asked.

"Yes, Lux is one." Camila answered. Ryder thought of topic in question. Personally, he hadn't met a vampire kid in a long time. He only knew of them from what he had learned from the Elders. 

"Um, yeah I think she would like some," Ryder uttered as he grabbed the suitcase containing the sacs of blood, Simon required Ryder make Camila drink. Ryder grabbed the bag and emptied it contents down the drain in the small kitchenette they had.

"Ryder...I can smell it." Camila said. Ryder did his best to speed the process up. He had to dispose of all the sacs of blood at the moment and replaced them with his own blood supply. 

"I'll be right in, babe. Just hold on a minute," Ryder rushed to exchanged the supplies and place the sacs back inside the suitcase grabbing three bags just for them. He walked into the bedroom to see the Camila's eyes were gradually fading into darkness-- she was using all of her strength to stay put for the sake of the girl.