20. Launch

Camila

"Ma- My dear, Camila, glad to see your gorgeous self today," I was left dumbfounded as I stood before a young man who I could only register him as a stranger-- a very fashionable stranger. He no longer focused on the magazines before him, as he pushed back his chair to stand. But he seemed ecstatic and managed to look like he was ready to launch himself out of the chair. He walked around his desk and came to stand before me, a foot apart. He stood still for a moment, as he examined me thoroughly, his bright brown eyes, making sense of every single detail. I couldn't help but feel self- conscious-- making me rather fidgety.

"God, how I missed you," he nodded in approval, what I hoped to be of my outfit and eveloped me in his arms. I stood there arms to my side until Ryder who had managed to sneak his way behind the stranger, motioned me to hug him.

"Nice to see you again," I said courtly. The stranger chuckled as he took a small step back, his hands laying on my shoulders before he pulled me into another heart warming hug. This time I didn't hug back awkwardly, it was like he seemed familiar.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you around these part in some time. Tell me what have you been up to," the stranger's ramble was cut short by Ryder oh so graciously cleared his throat. The tanned young man, turned around quickly and silence took over him. He just ogled Ryder without the least be mortified that he was being obvious about it.

"And who may this delicious man be, Cammy?" the platinum boy asked me not once letting staring away from Ryder, who was delighted to be referred as such. I rolled my eyes and did my best not to laugh.

"Ah, this Kendall, is my good friend Ryder Blake," I said so nonchalantly I even impressed myself. It had even surprised me that I could recall the stranger's name. Kendall, who just nodded as he took in the information just kept his eyes glued on Ryder. Ryder extended his hand towards Kendall who deliberately and it seemed disappointingly shook it.

"Nice to meet you," Ryder said smiling perfectly. Kendall gave him a smile and resumed to take his spot behind the desk.

"I suppose you're here in official business," it was like Kendall the minute he sunk back into his chair changed into a whole different character. I nodded.

"You know I can't let him in," Kendall began and I exchanged a glance with Ryder. I really didn't want to go into the studio on my own. Ryder came closer and we both continued to listen to Kendall.

"Libby will kill me if she hears that you brought somewhere in there," he pointed to the door behind him and he watched both of us.

"But...what she doesn't know won't kill her...won't kill me...won't kill you, right?" I felt my lips turn into a smile and it was the smiling that made my cheeks begin to hurt.

"I promise I won't say anything," I said quickly and Kendall just nodded.

"Okay, just go in there before someone catches us," he motioned for us to hurry in as he looked both ways and once we were in he dove right into his work. But not before adding, "We have to go get lunch and talk about your vaca sometime."

As both Ryder and I walked into the studio it became less and less uncomfortable being there. The room felt welcoming, comforted me. I continued on my own, not caring if Ryder followed. The intruments were all neatly placed on the other side of the vast room. The grand piano had a corner to itself. A couple of feet to it's right, there laid numerous amounts of guitars a mix between acoustic, electric and both acoustic/ electric. It no longer felt strange.

"In a non sarcastic kind of way, I'm guessing you're remembering somethings," Ryder asked and his words were just enough to break me out of the small trance I willingly let myself in. I looked away from the instruments and looked at Ryder who was sprawled out on one of the sofas at the other end of the room, his arms behind his head.